Swirls everywhere!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scuba, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Scuba

Scuba New Member

Hi. I've been reading through these forums, but don't know exactly what to get. I've got a black truck. The entire thing is covered in swirls though since I got it. I tried ScratchX before, but all the swirls are still there. What can I use that will get rid of these swirls?

2. eightvalve

eightvalve Reformed Lurker Crew #1

3m imperial hand glaze will mask the swirls well, follow it up with some one grand blitz wax

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Meguiar's Swirl Free Polish

4. Scuba

Scuba New Member

Bah ive tried Meguiars Scratch X. I hope Meguiars Swirl Free Polish isn't a pos like that stuff

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

ScratchX isn't really meant as a swirl remover. Swirl Free is a professional level product that does an excellent job, but if the swirls are deep, you will need to use Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner/Polish first, then the Swirl Free. If you are using a buffer, make sure you use a foam pad. Wool is for cutting through serious defects only and will leave swirls. If you are working them by hand, just do a small area at a time and work the product until it is nearly clear and dry, then buff off the excess.

6. Scuba

Scuba New Member

how do you buff off the excess? I don't have a buffer. and i went to pepboys today and couldn't find meguiars swirl free polish or dual action cleaner/polish. all they had was 3m swirl free stuff so i got that. anyone tried it?

7. luvthong

luvthong Guest

where can i get it and how much is it?:bigthumb:

8. glide

glide primer

www.meguiars.com
    Click on the dealer locator link at the top.

Scottwax, thanks for helping me out. My paint looks so much better, I finally got the roof to shine :wiggle:
    One thing, the paint looks to be a little faded in a small section of the hood, and polishing really brought it out. Should I just go over it with the DAC/P, Swirl remover, polish and wax sometime later on this week?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2002
  9. evan2

evan2 Guest

to reduce swirls make sure you arent using no wax on wax off method...
    use a front to back method.. starting from the front of the car to the back.. as the wind would go over your car.. so up and down...
    applying and taking off..