Swirl Marks, Floor mats, and stains

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Creator, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

So i had my first real client today (got 120 to do her SUV,complete int and ext). A few problems. One - she had BAAD swirl marks. They looked more like scratches everywhere. YOu only see them up close but they still pissed me off. I tried using my Meguirs swirl remover but it didnt do a darn thing.
    Second - she had those rubber floor mats. What do you guys use to get those really clean?
    Finally what do you do about bad stains in the carpet. I use that wool light stuff mixed with water in a spray bottel and that does a good job at most things, but relaly bad stains that have been there for a while didnt get fixed.

Alll in all it turned out graet. SHe was VERY happy with it and said a lot of peopel at work were looking forward to see how it turned out so I should get some buisness out of this.

2. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

did you use any polish on the swirls?

for the floor mats i usually use a degreaser and then scrub it with a tough brush..then spray it off then let it dry in the sun while I finish the rest of the car

I use some Prestone stuff I think it is to get stains out..they sell it at autozone etc..its a spray bottle with the scrubber top..usually works well

3. Creator

Yeah i washed, clayed, polished, waxed. It looked like there were tons of scratches everywhere in on the caar.

Ill pick up some of that carpet cleaner stuff with the brush before my next detail

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You might want to pick up a carpet spot cleaner for heavy stains, but bear in mind that some stains may be set and will never come out. GM SUV carpeting is the worst.

If swirl removers won't take out scratches, you may need to step up to Meguiars DACP which is stronger than any swirl remover. It could be though that the scratches were deep enough into the clear coat you may not be able to completely remove them.

Which rubber floor mats? Those pieces of crap that GM uses or aftermarket?

5. MtotheIKEo

MtotheIKEo Air Suspension is ok

Can you apply DACP by hand or do you absolutely need a PC?

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You can do it by hand, definately.

7. Creator

Cool. Ill pick up some of the DACP stuff. I need some more Final Touch anyway .

They floor mats were out of a Toyta Highlander. Stock rubber. I used that EagleONe whele cleaner stuff (a2z or something) on them but they still were dirty looking.