swirl mark removal products

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by old_, Sep 18, 2002.

1. old_

old_ Active Member

A local auto parts store carries some of the meguiars mirror glaze series (tan bottle). They have the fine, medium, and heavy cut cleaners, #26 wax, cleaner wax, #9 swirl remover, and 2 or 3 different glazes. My question is what should I use to remove moderate swirl marks and scratches? If there is something better please let me know and I will get it.

Thank you! :)

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Use Meguiar's Swirl Free Polish. It can be ordered directly from the Meguiar's website.

3. bmf

bmf Guest

Ya always want to start with the mildest product first. That means #9 2.0. Try a couple applications, work it in completely meaning almost no residue to wipe off.

If that doesn't work then go to the next most aggressive and that is #2 Fine Cut Cleaner. Follow that with another application of #9 2.0.

If you have access to a buffer or polisher, the job will be a million times easier. If you're doing it by hand use an applicator pad that's big enough to fit in your hand. Those little foam discs stink for polishing work. Find a square or round cotton covered pad (buy several in case you drop or ruin one).

Good luck. Let us know how the car comes out.

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Or you could use some Swirl Free Polish, and if that doesn't take it out, use Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner/Polish followed up with some SFP.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

That would be my choice also. Go to www.meguiars.com and look for their link to professional suppliers for your area. Both products come in quart and gallon size. You may also want to pick up a bottle of Hand Polish-it has more oils, a deeper gloss and it easier to remove than #7 Show Car Glaze.

6. old_

old_ Active Member

Thanks for the link. I found a local place that carries meguiars entire line of products (they also have most of the 3M product line). I bought the swirl free polish and the dual action cleaner/polish. I will let you all know how it turns out.

Thanks again!