Sweet potatos make me gag/puke, v. cutdiet

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ZeeMox, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeeMox

ZeeMox Opinions are like assholes. Fuck em. OT Supporter

Been on the cut diet a week now and no problems, but the guy says on his web site you can't swap sweet potatoes for anything :squint: I'm not being a bitch about it or anything, they literally make me puke on entry. Not an effective way to carb load.

What's wrong with normal potatoes? I tried e-mailing him, but the e-mail on the cutdiet site doesn't exist :mad: You guys think the extra gram of protein per ounce and a few less carbs are a real problem? Otherwise, they seem to be about the same.

I'm also thinking about modifying the amount of protein I'm taking in. As a pretty small guy, 255 grams is a shitcock load of protein. Maybe knocking off 60g's wouldn't hurt... but would I replace that with fats like those found in olive oil and whatnot? :dunno:

I feel a lot better since I started the diet though. Probably has something to do with the fact that I never touched vegetables or fish oil before.

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

literally puke? now when you say literally do you literally mean literally, or metaphorically mean literally (as an emphasis on how badly they make you feel like puking)?

If you're actually puking then don't eat them. I know that eating baked chicken breast and steamed broccoli makes me gag, but it's all in my head. All I do is pretend it's something else or just tell myself to stop being a fucking pussy. It works for me :dunno: The stuff goes down smooth as long as I have my mental side in check.

3. vtectyper

vtectyper New Member

you can add some more oatmeal and honey

4. ZeeMox

I mean, I gag the first few times, but then I stuff them in there anyway and tell myself to stfu, and then I actually throw up in my mouth. I'm not talking projectile BLARGHWAFUCK all over the place, just like, enough for my body to be communicating that it's had enough of that shit.

I love the steamed vegetables and all the meats. The rest of the diet is easy as hell. 2 tbsp of peanut butter? That's like a bowl of pudding right there. But man, I can not take those yams.

5. ZeeMox

I guess I'll probably do that. It'll take a king's portion of oatmeal to make up for the carbs lost from the sweet potato though... but I guess I'm not getting them as it is anyway.

On the cut diet 2000 there is no honey, but I guess that might make up for some natural sugars lost from the sweet potato? :dunno:

6. vtectyper

vtectyper New Member

ya add a bit of honey you should be fine.

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Modify the diet then. There's no sense in making yourself sick.

8. ZeeMox

Cool.

I already paid for $200 in personal training sessions to make sure I've got all these exercises right and I'm not going to fuck up my back (There's quite a few new ones for me in the book). On top of the $180 in supps when that recent OT coupon was going on at 1fast400, and $100 a week in food, I'm thinking maybe the ~$140 to have chuck make me a personalized diet doesn't sound so steep anymore :o

9. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

put a dab of butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar in the sweet potatoes....

how are you preparing them?

10. ZeeMox

I tried baking them first. I seemed to make more progress that way since I've tried boiling or steaming them.

I haven't put anything on them, since after the rest of the carb meal, they're already plenty sweet for me.

Honestly, I've had issues with sweet potatoes my whole life. I hadn't eaten any in like 8 years though when I started the diet, so I was thinking maybe I'd outgrown it :dunno:

11. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

sweet potatoes are :yum:

12. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Chuck Norris? :o

Study nutrition and ask around here and other places about certain items. The more you learn = the less money you spend. Sounds like you're just trying to lose weight and maintain muscle. Lots of people have done that here and have logs, you might read what they've done in terms of diet and exercise, and also the stickied threads have a lot of info, maybe read them a few times over to get the gist of diet and a good list of possible foods to eat while cutting (it also makes a good reference when it comes to mixing up your diet to make it more exciting).

The more knowledgeable you are the better off you will be. $140 is a lot to pay a dude just to give you something that he probably gives everybody else.

13. ZeeMox

:rofl: @ Norris.

If Chuck Norris had made this diet, I'd be swole and 2% body fat after a whole week :o

http://www.dietsbychuck.com/

Same guy who did the cut diet.

Anyway, the only problem with following other peoples' routines is that I have a pretty odd body type. I mean, I'm mostly mesomorph, but I'm also 5'5", and so far this diet has been the only thing that really seems to be working. Granted, it's only been a week, but I feel better, and look marginally improved, which seems like a lot for a week. I'm sure a bit of it is a placebo effect though.

I also have a wicked carb addiction. Any kind of simple carb disappears in a black hole that's been lodged in my stomach since childhood and causes me ravenous hunger. Pretty much any bread and pasta kills me :wtc:

14. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

make sweet potato fries :yum:

15. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

If you have a super huge craving I'd stick to whole grain bread... Personally it fills my stomach up better, therefore I'd eat less of it than white bread, but keep in mind the cals will be the same. The greatest thing about cutting carbs is that high carb foods are typically high in cals and don't make you feel quite as full as veggies or meat.

But being stronger than your addiction > *

edit: and if you've been cutting carbs massively over a week it's probably true that you're looking some better... You've probably lost a lot of water weight. This happens to me if I go for a few days without any serious carb intake.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2006
  16. kidbv2

kidbv2 New Member

I love sweet potatoes...

Maybe try them with cinnamon and sugar? I do that, it's like dessert.

17. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

:werd:

Corrage Cheese however makes my eyes water thinking about it :hs:

18. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Yeah, change the CutDiet. You've tried it a WHOLE WEEK anyway but hey, it's too damn hard to eat some sweet potatoes.

19. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

no shit this site is full of pussies

20. NoQuarter

NoQuarter New Member

i gag with everything i eat, toughen the fuck up

21. trancezj

trancezj New Member

:werd: if your on a serious diet it all business, not pleasure. Period, choke it the fuck down.

22. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

Then don't eat them. If it is something you can't stomach guess what you will get pissed off about having to eat them and give up on the diet. Find something else with a similar nutritional profile and substitute that.

I hate bread and yes it does make me literally sick so I don't eat it even if a diet I was on said eat it I would find something else.

A diet should not make you completely miserable and dread eating and not set in stone. Adapt it to you.

Edit: Unless you are getting paid or competing I would not stress the smallest little details but if that was the case you would not be on here asking for advice.

23. AMan

AMan ???????????

There is a reason the diet was designed the way it was. I think that by changing the protein intake you're pretty much throwing the entire diet off balance. So unless you're a nutritionist or know what you're doing, leave it the fuck alone.

24. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

I would imagine that the sweet potatoes are in there for a reason. The difference between a sweet potatoe and a regular potatoe is the glycemic index. Sweet potatoes are actually lower glycemic than regular potatoes. I think that honey would totally fuck this up. I haven't read the cut diet but if it deals with GI, then if you eat anything off of the diet, it will not work right.

25. AMan

AMan ???????????

Its very much based on GI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.