A&P Sweden: 19 April - 8 May

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Smeghead, May 15, 2007.

1. Smeghead

Smeghead New Member

Alright, so I saw that LOLZILLA posted some of the resized pics of my latest Sweden set in a thread recently.

Here's the complete set in 800 x 600 resolution. Feedback appreciated :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  2. di3soft

di3soft Guest

eh not feeling it, alot of them are under exposed and the composition isnt great but the gun on i do like.

3. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I'll give you specific examples if you want, but the exposure is really off in a lot of the pictures. And in the night shots you really need to open up your aperature, slow down the shutter speed, or both. :dunno: There are a few good ones in the mix, but I'd say a lot of them didn't turn out that great.

edit: Yeah, I just looked at some of the exif info on the last pics, you really need a longer exposure than 1 second for night-time photos.

4. Smeghead

Smeghead New Member

Oh snap. I agree with you about that nightshots. The thing is that the camera (CANON IXUS 800 IS) is still kinda new to me and I'm not that used to it yet when it comes to the settings for nightshots and I'm not sure what I can do about the underexposering

5. di3soft

di3soft Guest

on the IXUS are you able to adjust the shutter speed? f-stop? if yes then slow down your shutter, open up your aperature. if not then you kind of stuck with what you got, there are a few that arent bad but for the most part the exposures of the shot kills it.

6. xpinchx

The issues in the night shots don't have much to do with over/underexposure, there's just not enough light to make a good shot. You can fix this on SLR cameras by adjusting your aperature and shutter speed to let more light in. I'm not sure what sort of options your camera has for exposure correction, but in the pictures where the exposure is off it mostly looks like metering issues. Example:

Here it looks like your camera was using the sky as the subject and metered it so the sky is correctly exposed, but in turn your camera underexposed the actual subject (I'm assuming) the building. To fix this on a P&S just center the building and hold the shutter release halfway down, then frame your shot and snap it without letting go of the release.
    http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n141/filiphermelin/4may31.jpg

This looks like the same thing happened. Looks like the sky is centered in the pic, so your camera thought it was the subject and underexposed the lake.
    http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n141/filiphermelin/29april3.jpg

These things just take practice. One other thing I didn't mention in my first post is that there isn't a lot of composition in these pictures. This is fine if you're just taking vacation pictures to show your friends/family, but a lot of these really aren't very interesting (e.g. http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n141/filiphermelin/4may16.jpg) This is another thing that takes practice. Just keep taking pictures and try to get feedback/critique like you're doing now. I can't give you much advice for composing/framing, so hopefully someone else can help you more there.

7. Smeghead

Smeghead New Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the shutter speed can manually be adjusted. Thanks the tips!

8. Smeghead

Smeghead New Member

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n141/filiphermelin/29april3.jpg In this one I actually did wanted the sky in focus. Generelly it seams like I need to tweak around a bit more with my camera settings. I almost always use the "Auto" thingy and then I modifie them a bit in Photoshop (auto color, contrast etc).

Thanks a lot for all the advices.

9. xpinchx

10. Smeghead

Smeghead New Member

I see what you mean and I hope my camera is able to make it look like that with the correct settings.

11. di3soft

di3soft Guest

you should easily be able to make that look in-camera, just drop down two stops and yoru good to go