GUN SWAT raids house after nieghbor sees kid with airsoft gun inside his own home

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jun 24, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

------------------------------------------------------------
    news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=922912006

Teenager's 'toy' gun sparks armed police raid on home
    NEVILLE DEAN
    ARMED police stormed a family's home and left them terrified after their teenage son was spotted playing with a "toy" gun in his bedroom.

Solicitor John Trimbos, 42, said he was confronted with a scene reminiscent of "a Bruce Willis movie" when officers smashed down the door of his Victorian mansion flat in Belsize Park, north London.

Someone in the hotel opposite had seen his 15-year-old son, Olly, playing with what the family say was a plastic BB (ball bearing) toy gun in his room and called the police, fearing it was a real weapon.

Mr Trimbos, his wife, Lucy, and their two sons, Olly and seven-year-old Felix, had just finished their family dinner when the firearms officers from Scotland Yard burst through their front door.

He and his eldest son were handcuffed and taken outside for an hour while police searched their flat.

Police say the gun was "not a toy" but a "replica", but Mr Trimbos today described the experience as "utterly mortifying" and said it had left his wife and sons traumatised.

He criticised the police for "heavy-handed tactics" and said he intended to complain to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Describing the lead-up to his ordeal, Mr Trimbos said his son and a friend had been playing with the toy gun in his bedroom at around 6pm on Monday when they were seen by a guest in a hotel across the road.

"This person called the police and said: 'There are two young men in the flat across the road and it looks as if they have a machine gun,'" he said. "The police, understandably, decided to investigate."

At around 8pm, just after their evening meal and while Mr Trimbos was reading a book and his son checking his e-mails, they suddenly heard a huge crash.

"The front door came crashing open - they had rammed it with a battering ram," he said. "The door frame came away. I went out into the corridor to see what it was - it was like something out of a Bruce Willis movie. There was plaster dust everywhere.

"Through the swirling dust I could see armed police officers. They all had flak jackets, helmets and goggles and were pointing their guns straight at me."

Scotland Yard released a statement insisting that the gun was a replica Heckler and Koch MP5 and that it was "not a toy".

A spokeswoman said that police had apologised and that no complaint had been received.

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

3. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I wonder what would've happened if it had been in the US? Now that I think about it it probably wouldn't have gone done any differantly.

4. jonny427

jonny427 Scooby Doo OT Supporter

I have an airsoft MP5... better stay away from the windows :noes:

5. Artyboy

I'm sure it'll be banned soon enough.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hate to say it but I could easily see the same thing happening in the U.S. :( Nieghbors need to mind there own damn bussiness, what the hell are they doing staring in some kids bedroom across the street for anyway.

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Scotland Yard released a statement insisting that the gun was a replica Heckler and Koch MP5 and that it was "not a toy"
    There trying to push for that in the UK right now, coming soon to a state near you.

8. Artyboy

They can do whatever the hell they want over there. I hope they attract some of the libtards from this country. They're more likely to bitch and moan until they get things their way here, though.

9. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I'm glad that never happened to me or my brother. We used to run around the yard playing airsoft, most of the time with ski masks on so we wouldn't get shot in the face.

I hate that I spent the money that I did on the things, but they were fun while we were in high school.

10. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

damn, lucky you. A bunch of my friends were playing with airsoft in the middle of nowhere once when a shit load of SWAT guys showed up in helicopters and trucks.

11. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

true story from my youth. i shit you not. we were probably 14 or 15 at the time and we kind of hung out at this park. hung out with a lot of the neighbor kids too. one day some buddies of mine bring some squirt guns and supersoakers to the park. so then we run to the store and get a bag of water ballons. the squirt guns were brightly colored and the balloons were grenade simulated coloring. so were all running around shooting water and throwing water balloons at each other and the fucking cops show up. not one but eight patrol cars come rushing out with their weapons drawn. we all get cuffed, searched, and stuffed into the back of police cars and taken to the county jail where were printed photod and put into a cell until are parents are called. all of us are charged with assault with a deadly weapon and released to parental custody. we were all back at the park that same night.

then on the court date we go in front of the judge and he throws the case out in front of the da and the leo that are there to testify against us.

cliffs: arrested for squirt guns and water balloons at a park. judge throws out the case

12. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

It was a Replica!

13. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

Thats the UK for ya though

14. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

It didnt happen to be on the first day of the millenium did it? Thats when it happened to me. Although it was only one helicopter, an SUV or two and a whole bunch of squad cars.

15. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

ROFL, this just happened to us last year :hs:

16. Aviator

Aviator Banned

Umm, ok..I can believe everything except the "charged with assault with a deadly weapon" part.

17. Artyboy

When I was a kid my brother had a bunch of his friends over for a sleepover. We had a huge picture window that faced a grocery store across the street. They got the bright idea to start waving flashlights around in the house at around 2 in the morning. They were walking around with toy guns and pretending to take each other hostage and other stupid shit. Anyway after about 20 minutes the cops had the house surrounded. What was funny was one of the cops range the doorbell and waited for us to answer the door. We answered the door and there were cop cars all along the street and in our driveway with their lights on :mamoru:. Nobody got in trouble for that one.

18. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Were you and your friends asses to the cops?

19. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I was all :wtf: until I looked back at it and read this
    I hate England.

20. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

I was playing with this fake AK I found at the club on Halloween in San Francisco the morning after at our hotel. Some one called the front desk and told them some one was up stairs with a gun :rofl:[​IMG]

21. Keesh

Keesh New Member

When I was in highschool, some kids from my school drove around supposidly shooting cars with pistols. (The lady that called the cops on them is probably the hugest, nosey bitch I know.) anyway, they got pulled over with every single cop car in the town. They had all the freeway exits blocked with flak jackets and weapons drawn.

Please note my home town I went to highschool in is only 12,000 people so that's probably the most action our police force got in a long time.

22. Accord

Accord New Member

gee, thanks!

23. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Could've been worse. He could've been stockpiling stolen soccer balls. :noes: