Swapping Kenwood recievers... will they use the same wire harness?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PC Principle, Nov 28, 2008.

1. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

I bought the Kenwood KDC-MP238 today for 79$. My Toyota Tacoma currently has the Kenwood KDC-S3009 receiver in it. Will the harness on the current Kenwood fit my new receiver? Will I just be able to slide the old one out, unplug it, and then just simply plug in the new one to the old connector? I tried figuring this out myself online but could not fin the answer. Thanks for your help in advance.

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

look at the harnesses when you pull the old one out. should swap, but not 100% sure

3. redfred18t

redfred18t New Member

If you compare the installation manuals online, you may find your answer. To be honest I'm not sure but I know sometimes manufacturers switch the harnesses over time.

4. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Thanks for the help you all. I looked at both manuals and even though they do not describe what wiring harness they use all the wire colors are the same. Here's hoping. :x:

5. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

lol I took apart my center console today to look at the connector. It may very well be the same damn thing. :bowdown:

I'll find out when my receiver comes in.

6. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

I always buy Sonys for this reason. Installation is so easy when you just pull one out and push a new one in.

7. bbmobbin

bbmobbin Active Member

the harness may be the same and plug right in, but check the wire colors as well and make sure there the pins are the same.

8. redfred18t

redfred18t New Member

Sorry to go offtopic, but has there even been a decent Sony head unit in the past 5-10 years? :rofl:

9. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

Never had a problem. Been buying the Xplod series. It tunes radio stations, plays MP3 CDs, has sub output and powers my factory speakers. Button layouts are decent and screens display all important information.

My budget is about $130 and the Sony decks have worked fantastic for me. Usually buy a new one every 1-2 years due to theft. A new window almost always costs more than the CD player.

10. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Well I got it in today and everything was the same. Took me all of 15 minutes from start to finish replacing the old one. :rofl: