Sv 650

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Sexy_SV, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Sexy_SV

Sexy_SV Guest

My mom just purchased a 2003 Sv650S and it rides like a dream!!! She let me take it for a spin and wow the power is incredible!! Anybody else have experience on this bike and how did u like it?? Im going tomorrow to take a look at financing costs and if I can get a Copper one.She has the silver one.But it is amazing and I would love this bike to death!I would ride this thing all the time! (except for winter of course)

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

I'm thinking about getting rid of my 01 SV and getting a used Superhawk. The 03 SV styling doesn't "do it" for me.

3. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Yeah, the SV is really good bike. :) Your mom rides? That's really :cool:

Gotta love that V-Twin torque. :)

4. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Ok, given the choice between a Magna and an SV650 I'd definitely take the SV... but the Magna really is a fun bike.

I saw one that looked damned good the other day. I kinda had a bikini fairing on it like the Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, looked dead sessy. :) ...and they sound great with pipes. :p

5. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

In terms of cool factor, the cruiser always wins, without a doubt. You could have better than many sportbike straightline speed if you got yourself a Vmax.

As much as I do like sportbikes, I just see most sportbike owners as being the riceboys of the motorcycle world. Squids that just want the bike to get chicks, never to take it in the twisties. Furthermore, many of them are these tiny, gangly, pastey guys, which turns me off of owning a sportbike.

My unasked opinion aside, anything with a v-twin = :cool: in my book.

6. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Going by your logic, then any cruiser rider is a white middle aged, bearded thug who only rides from bar to bar.

7. Redsky

They are, duh!

Actually, my friend (250+ pounds) rides an F3 and it may just be the prominent image in my head because I live near Tempe (Where Arizona State is located, college town). I've seen many curteous riders from both sides of the figurative table, unfortunately the human condition is such that we remember bad more than good.

Excuse me, there is a biker at my door, waiting to kick my ass.

8. Redsky

No doubt. I guess if it was a perfect world I'd have 2 bikes along with my cars; a sweet cruiser along with a v-twin/v4 sportbike (hate the sound of a 4)

9. Hatt

Hatt Guest

Oh gawd no... :( The superhawk fairings look like they were designed by vielside.
    SV is a good bike. I'm debating on picking one up for the race season next year.
    With race fairings... it looks much better. ;)