TAT Surface piercing techniques v.wasthispiercedproperly?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Bbrrrrraaappp, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Bbrrrrraaappp

Bbrrrrraaappp New Member

A friend and I got in a rather heated debate about whether or not this was the proper way to do this surface piercing.
    Using my general knowledge of piercing + what I've read up on the best possible techniques or doing surface piercing I said that it was not.

My friends argument against it was more or less, you have one surface piercing so you think you're an expert,
    you have no idea what you are talking about.

Info about piercing: Apparently the kid who got these done has a scar running up his arm
    so he decided to get surface piercing running all the way up and down the scar.
    My friend insists that it is a super thick (down into the skin) scar,
    from looking at the picture, it only looks like the scar only goes a little deeper
    at the very top (where the piercer is working)

I tried to explain to him with a proper sized surface bar that was bent to the
    proper shape would have been a much better way to do the piercing rather then with rings.
    He insisted that I was wrong and I had no idea what I was talking about.

Who was correct in this arguement?

[​IMG]

edited to make this easier to read.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  2. Bbrrrrraaappp

Bbrrrrraaappp New Member

Buttons? Anyone?

3. digitaljames

digitaljames OT Supporter

I don't know but when those CBR's are closed it seems like it would pull the skin. It looks to me like a slightly curved barbell would work better. But hey I am no piercer either.

I know I couldnt wear CBR's in my nipples because it seemed like the curved area in the nipple was too round and it kept irritating my nipples. Once i went to a straight barbell my nipples were fine.

4. Bbrrrrraaappp

Bbrrrrraaappp New Member

That's what I was trying to tell my friend, I'm glad you see what I mean.

5. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

I don't think it was done right. should have used ones that look like this in my opinion

|____| See flat on the bottom, no curves at all.

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

proper technique or not those are only temporary. :dunno:

If he wants to keep them then yes he should have went with proper shaped surface bars. (not curved barbells) That "piercers" logic may have been that the scar tissue would keep them anchored but they'll still reject. A lot of the rejection will be caused by the pressure put on the edges of the skin by the poor choice of jewellery.

Edit: I just took a nice long look at that picture. There's a few things I found "wrong". He's wearing a sweater without his sleeves pushed up. That thing is probably just full of bacteria from being dragged across either a dirty dental bib (the blue thing) or from touching a customers body. (ugh makes me want to vomit) He's wearing shitty vinyl (or PVC) gloves which many health departments frown upon. (should be nitrile or latex at the least) He's wearing a ring under his glove which poses a danger by possibly tearing/ripping his glove and exposing him to customers bodily fluids. (every customer should be treated like they have hepatitis or aids)

I could go on and on ... :rofl:

Is he a professional? Where?

7. tehganj

tehganj oh, hi.

:werd: dude... i jumped in this thread and noticed the sweater and gloves :hsugh:

8. Bbrrrrraaappp

Bbrrrrraaappp New Member

I guess the kid is in a metal band or some sort of band and wanted to get them as shock factor, as far as I know he was planning on keeping them for a while.

The kid who took the picture is actually the one I got in the argument with about this, he said that the scar keeping them there was indeed the piercers logic, and that supposedly a surface barbell wouldn't have been long enough, or gone underneath the scar tissue properly. I tried to tell him the would still reject but he didn't listen.

I didn't even get into everything else wrong in that picture, I just stayed on topic of the piercing, but I noticed all of those things as well. Yes he is a professional, as far as I know he's been piercing for 10+ years. I believe it was Liquid Courage in Omaha Nebraska.

9. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

He needs to quit and get a new career.

10. Bbrrrrraaappp

Bbrrrrraaappp New Member

I just wanted to make sure that I put up a valid argument since my friend insisted that I was wrong.

11. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

100% valid argument

12. Bbrrrrraaappp

Bbrrrrraaappp New Member

This is why you rock my world buttons. :love:

Btw, another question while you're still checking this thread.. I've considered becoming a piercer, what's the best way to go about starting? An apprenticeship?

13. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

nudes? :x::noes: (i dont share!)

Educate the hell outta yourself... hang around your local shop and learn... then apprenticeship. Don't pierce your friends before getting your apprenticeship!!!:nono:

14. Bbrrrrraaappp

Bbrrrrraaappp New Member

I don't has any, but we are myspace friends I believe. :naughty:

I've been trying to read up as much as I can online about piercing, any good places to look and keep educating myself? I lived above a tattoo/piercing place for a while so I was down there all the time.

I hate it when people do that, so I never would.

15. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

pssshh... every girl has em ;)

ummm bme is a great resource for information. It's the site I used the most before my apprenticeship. There really aren't too many other sites out there. Read the QOD section on bme ... it will help sooo much

16. Bbrrrrraaappp

Bbrrrrraaappp New Member

Just not my thing.. sorry dear.

That's what I've been looking through when I have spare time. Thank you very much!

17. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Real quickly, on the subject of apprenticeship: Its rarely given if you ask, but more because they know you and offer it because they want to share their trade with you. But..some places advertise. Association of Professional Piercers website has a job listing category that lists some apprenticeships. www.safepiercing.org

Re: the piercing? I didnt even have to let the picture load all the way to say "Oh fuck..no. Huh-uh. " That shit is ugly and I can say with about 99 percent certainty that yeah, thats going to reject. Is this a professional piercer?

18. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Apparently he is a professional.

19. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

He didnt even pierce UNDER the scar. He went through it. I can't believe this is recent. ...wow. Bad. Badddd. bad.

20. pseudonymous

pseudonymous New Member

Ugh I'm not even a piercer and I know that is wrong in like 15 different ways.