Supplements

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Vanessa, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanessa

Vanessa Guest

Hey guys,

So i'm wondering if anyone can help me out here? I've been weight training for 6 years - 4 of which were counter productive as i wasn't eating enough, doing way too much cardio, and lifting light. In the last 2 years i've started lifting heavy, eating lots of good food (5-6 meals a day), and i've ditched the cardio. My gains have been muuuuuuuuuch better. But because i am a female ectomorph it is still difficult for me to put on size. School also makes it difficult for me to maintain my gains because of all of the stress.

So, my question for you guys is do you know of any supplements that help maintain muscle, increase strength, and basically help maximize gains? I plan on staying natural so please don't suggest any drugs (this is not to knock those who use). I'm thinking more along the lines of Betamine - i've heard this is an excellent supplement. Any other suggestions? What's your take on Betamine?

Thanks.

2. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

Whey protein and meal replacement bars could help supplement your protein intake so you don't have to cook alot, while in school(I ususally make all my meals for school days the night before school). Creatine could work out too I guess(though I am not sure if there is any real differences in how males and females react to it). Also ditch the bodytype idea that you can't gain, everyone can gain, just have to work hard and, more importantly, work smart.

3. Vanessa

Vanessa Guest

Hey,

Thanks for the input.

I've tried creatine - seems to work well but i'm just wondering if there's anything that would work better. I'm not big on meal replacements because i can't seem to digest them well so i don't benefit from them very much. The eating is fine - i seem to be taking in enough calories. I sleep lots. I train heavy and hard. I'm consistent. And i allow enough recovery time between training days.

As far as the "bodytype idea" goes, i didn't mean that i CAN'T gain but that it's simply more difficult to make gains. I take my bodytype into account so that i can plan accordingly and create a regime that will work for me - that's all a part of training smart;)

4. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

I know the ectomorph body type is tough to make gains with, but I have delt with it simply. (Started training at 18, properly at 19 weighing 135 pounds, now a few years later I am 215 pounds, all naturally)
    Eating is the easiest way to make gains as far as size. You can train your body to eat mre by consistantly eating and working with differant types of food. I eat super early in the morning and continue to eat every few years to maintain calories tthat are being burned while I am stagnent.
    I made a thread the other day on meal preperation. I make things like chicken salads, steak and potatoes, fish and beans for inbetween my meals. (http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1620557&page=1&pp=25) Its the only way I can gain and maintain. Creatine helps, I tried it once a while back, but I felt I was bloated and ate less cause of it.

Eating clean and consistantly would help you. I have friends who always say that cant gain weight, yet when they hang out with me they get disgusted at the amount of times I eat a day.

Sipping on a protein shake as we speak!!

5. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

ya eating is key. Hell I'm cutting and I still eat at least 6 times a day.

6. Vanessa

Vanessa Guest

Thanks for the advice guys. Eating is key - i eat 5-6 meals of CLEAN calories a day (every 2.5-3hours).

7. Vanessa

Vanessa Guest

Now that i think about it, maybe my gains have slowed because my eating has become inconsistent due to school - an hour late here and an hour late there...what do you guys think? Could that be the problem?

8. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

Are you consuming the same amount of food?

9. pt

pt New Member

Creatine 30 minutes preworkout with carbs and protein

Creatine Ethyl Ester 30 minutes preworkout with carbs and protein

Nitric Oxide precursors (60 minutes preworkout with carbs and protein, cycled, always stacked with creatine, always with carbs and protein, and when bulking only)

Steel cut oats

Whey protein @ around 2g per lb of bodyweight, adjusting everything else as needed to accomodate

Pre-workout / post-workout nutrition

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.