Supplements: good or bad?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by hurleyint1386, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

So I've been getting a few mixed responses when I ask what people think of supplements. Some people say it's unnatural and others say it's perfectly fine. Since I just started working out on Thursday, I went to GNC and talked to a worker there and they suggested I try the Wheybolic Extreme 60, and the MegaMan Vitapak. The only thing is that they're expensive! The Wheybolic Extreme was on sale for $49.99 and it's 16 servings, and the MegaMan is 30 packs, and it was about $49.99 also. But I got a GNC card just to save some money. What does everyone else think about supplements, and what kind do you take?

2. hurleyint1386

It only costs about $40 with my GNC card

3. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

do not buy anything from gnc, they jack the prices up sky fucking high.

bulknutrition.com

4. igo4bmx

igo4bmx WHAT WHAT WHAT THE FU OT Supporter

they told you to buy that b/c they make commission on those specific products.

start working out, get a baseline, then add stuff so u know if it's working or not.

5. Noelting

Noelting Guest

that's super cheap get it now!

6. Mass

Mass Active Member

supplements ultimately will make up 5-10% of your success in any fitness related endeavor.

7. Mogul

Mogul New Member

GNC = Get Nothing Cheap. A basic multivitamin and whey protein will help your gains, but don't get them from GNC.

8. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

GNC sucks.

Vitamin Shoppe more reasonably prices for a B&M supplement store.

Bulknutrition.com, dpsnutrition.com, nutraplanet.com will pretty much have what you need.

Oh, and anafit.com DUHH

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

As everyone has said... GNC is overpriced and they prey on people like you that don't know anything and are willing to pay $100 per month on protein and vitamins.
    They get commission, it's like a damn used car lot in there.

Get your stuff online. All you need is whey protein, creatine, and a multivitamin for the time being. Supplements (the right ones) will benefit you but your quality of workouts and diet is more important.

10. hurleyint1386

Ok, so the stuff that I'm taking now, the Wheybolic Extreme, is that any better than just the Whey Protein? Also, does it taste any different? I personally really like the taste of what I've got, but if the whey protein is the same, then I'll save some money and get that, and at a different place. Also, I was wondering if anyone could answer my other question. What are the pro's and con's of supplements? Right now, I'm working out, but not telling my girlfriend about the supplements because she thinks that it's unnatural, and no one should take them. She won't even take a simple vitamin. Anyone have any comment?

11. hurleyint1386

actually, that's what she needed, was more iron. she went to give blood, and her iron was too low, so her mom, and the person at red cross suggested taking a vitamin. she's very stubborn. she doesn't really like meat, and she doesn't like vitamins, so she tries to find other ways to get iron. like i said, she's just stubborn. next time i go to the doctor, im going to ask them about the protein and multivitamins, that way i know everything there is to know.

after the wheybolic extreme is gone (since i've already got it), then i'll move to the ON whey. because 2 servings per dollar is a hell of a lot better than 1 serving per 2 dollars.

thanks for all the info everyone! so far, i'm on day 4 of working out, and I feel great. My abs are in some pain, but that's it. The protein is really helping with some of the pain. I'm still new to working out, so I may be asking questions, but I'm just glad I'm finally doing something about my weight. I gained 57 lbs in the past 2 years :hs: wish me luck!

12. hurleyint1386

haha i think she eats more eggs, vegetables, and fruits.

basically, i'm going to the gym, doing some running (and walking) for 20-25 minutes because being 237, and a lot of it being fat, it really puts strain on my calves and shins. then i'll start working on specific muscle groups. i started on thursday with my arms, friday was my legs, saturday was abs, today was chest and shoulders. so if any one wants to critique that, that would be fine. im thinking about doing arms and shoulders together instead of chest and shoulders. tomorrow im going to work on my back, tuesday im not sure yet. and wednesday i was planning on just trying to run as much as i could.

13. hurleyint1386

I'm glad to hear that my workout looks pretty good. I've been trying to eat eggs, meat, salad, drink lots of water and milk. I'm getting a little bit of a cough, so I've been drinking orange juice in the morning. I've had maybe one piece of pizza in the past few days so that I'm not cutting everything I like out cold turkey, but I'm trying to limit it, then try and cut it out except for special occasions. How does that sound so far? Any more critiques? I don't mind at all

14. bamcclure

bamcclure New Member

drop the chick... soon she will say that working out is unnatural as to pooping is too.

15. hurleyint1386

haha she cant stop me from working out. and no one can ever stop me from pooping

16. Abomb

Abomb New Member

dump your pyscho ignorant girlfriend

17. Mogul

Mogul New Member

:werd:

18. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

She's mad dumb, son.

19. Juke Box Hero

Juke Box Hero Active Member

I bought my first shit from GNC and those fuckers raped me.

Just ask people whats best for you on here, then buy it online. You can save hundreds literally...

20. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

I think everyone learns the hard way with GNC...

bulknutrition/1fast400 FTW!

21. hurleyint1386

I definitely believe it. I think that after this stuff is gone, I'm going to look elsewhere. I'll try out the ON Whey Protein. Does the 10 lb Whey come in a big tub? or does it come in a bag, like a flour bag? Just curious.

22. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Beware of the g/f dude!

How long you two been dating? First she has a problem with you using protein, then she'll have a huge problem with you using creatine, then when she finds out you kept it from her she will freak out about you not being honest and the supplements you're taking are "changing" you.

Then she'll bitch and moan about how you spend too much time in the gym and you're making it a priority over her, etc...

I would just be honest with her about it upfront and see how she reacts. Tell you're going to take supplements and you're going to be spending time in the gym. If she has a huge problems with it and you two don't plan to get married then save yourself the drama and break it off.

23. hurleyint1386

We've been together for about 2 years now. When I'm working out, she doesn't mind because I've gained a lot of weight recently, and I need to work on getting it off, she she's understanding about that. However I plan on going to the doctor and asking them to write something saying that it's ok for me, that way if she says any shit about it, I'll throw that in her face haha. If she sees something from a doctor, she won't say anything.

24. Juke Box Hero

Juke Box Hero Active Member

My 10lb came in a bag... can prob get it on the internet for 60 something compared to 100+ in GNC

25. Drewski

Drewski New Member

on a trip south, I go 2 5lb tubs of ON for $40CDN each at GNC when they are $65ish up here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.