Supplements for Boxing Training

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by endemicW, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endemicW

endemicW fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu OT Supporter

Anyone have links to good prices on good supplements for Boxing?

I've heard glutamine is pretty good for recovery

2. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

When I was boxing I took in about 5-10g BCAA's before training. My sessions lasted about an hour and 15 minutes.

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

unnecessary.

4. il_duce

il_duce OT Supporter

xyience

5. darkostoj

well yea for you because you don't have any muscle mass to lose

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

this is a very productive and helpful post, you should spend more time on F&N, because it would help so many people.

Also I like the logic how, despite my knowledge of some basics of weight lifting, my size makes me unqualified to give people beginning weight lifting advice (the same exact thing experienecd people would tell them), yet I'm still unqualified to give boxing advice for the same reason even though I've been doin it for 7 years.

7. darkostoj

well I do feel like a dick for saying that, so sorry. But you just keep digging yourself into a hole here.

First of all, when you don't know what you're fucking talking about you need to keep your mouth shut.

and finally

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

And? I don't need to look like Arnold in order to throw punches and move fast, nor do I need up to date and completely accurate knowledge on diet to do so. Boxing is one of the few things I'm quite good at, and I've probably got more experience than you do at it.

You can make fun of me all you want for the things that I obviously don't care about, has it gotten me to leave or anything? I admit I'm not knowledgeable on a lot of things and if you've been paying attention I don't really comment on stuff that I don't know about. I'm not unreasonable or stupid. What's the point?

9. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

:hsugh: i'm not even giving weight lifting advice, I'm talking about boxing...

I only even give beginners weight lifting advice in threads where somebody asks a question and all you guys do is crack jokes about them or purposely lead them in the wrong direction for your own amusement... I only help the people who you guys don't help. My other posts in F&N are either making positive comments in peoples threads where they show off whatever it is they're training for, be it looks or performance, and occasionally other things on which I might know a thing or two, and half the time I'm asking questions myself.

Seriously, you guys are retarded and just ruin peoples threads with this shit any time I post. At least I try to help people, all you guys ever do is criticize them :dunno:

10. darkostoj

dude...whatever, you look the way you do and that sucks for you....but you have NO IDEA what you're fucking talking about also.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

about boxing? :rofl:

Yeah dude, you just can't get over the fact that I don't look like the way you like to look. Get over it.

Boxing does not require supplements. I didn't say they won't help, I said they aren't necessary. He's not asking for supps to preserve his muscle mass which may be compromised through the additional boxing training, as far as I can tell he's asking for supps for overall boxing performance. Diet and practice are all that's necessary to be a great boxer. Do you think Muhammad Ali used creatine as his secret to winning fights? Did George Foreman need xyience in order to stand tall after getting hit a few times? No, they didn't.

12. darkostoj

thats fine, but how the fuck are you supposed to know that taking 5-10g of BCAA's before an hour and a half of intense cardio is unecessary to minimize muscle loss? You are getting shit from me because you don't know what you're fucking talking about.

alright if we are so retarded get the fuck out of here, you in no way are making this place any better. Reread my first post here, that was not criticizing, I was giving him information....I only started criticizing you when you started throwing up fucking diarreha into this thread.

13. darkostoj

HOLY SHIT, YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID, I AM CRITICIZING YOU BECAUSE YOU SAID IT IS UNECESSARY TO TAKE BCAA'S TO HELP PREVENT MUSCLE LOSS BEFORE AN HOUR AND A HALF OF INTENSE CARDIO. EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS FUCKING WRONG, YOU NOT ONLY LOOK LIKE SHIT, BUT EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS WRONG.

yes you did, you said they were unecessary
    Don't you think that having muscle mass is an important part of overall boxing performance?

those all come after heart, you can have perfect diet and training, but if you are a pussy might as well hang up your gloves before you even start.

whatever, I am out of this thread...good luck to helping out all of the poor individuals with their fitness and nutrition needs. I do feel bad for tearing into you, but you keep pushing my fucking buttons and will not just shutup

14. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

1) his post didn't say anything about muscle mass, like I already stated.

2) YOU are retarded, most of the people here are fine and reasonable... It's the few that just make fun of noobs or like to ruin threads by criticizing me (which, you should know by now, accomplishes nothing) instead of helping with the thread topic. I'm not talking about this thread, I was talking about other threads in which this is done and THOSE are the ones where I post my crappy advice (which can typically be found in the noob thread anyways). You want me to leave so bad but why don't you just ignore me? If people don't want to take my advice that's fine, I don't care if they do or don't.

Normally I wouldn't give a crap enough to type this much in response to your faggotry, but when you call me on BOXING which has been a huge part of my life and act like I wouldn't know shit about it, then it motivates me a little more. I'm done, sorry to the OP for ruining the thread.

15. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

1) no i didn't, I said it's unnecessary to take supps for performance, never said anything about muscle mass.

2) help is enhancement, a necessity is something required to complete the task

3) obviously, but you don't need to be Thor in order to put a guy on the floor and I don't think an hour and a half of cardio a few times a week will take away all of your muscle mass.

4) obviously, but I'm talking about performance in training. Most people who do boxing never step into the ring competitively, and sparring doesn't compare.

ok NOW i'm done.

16. darkostoj

it reminds me of that scene from sin city when elijah wood was that cannibal guy and he was all fast and jumping around and shit...when that big guy that mickey rourque played just finally grabbed him he proceeed to beat the life out of him.

17. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

18. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

:rofl:

19. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

LOL. But, I do agree with him pretty much. I could get ripped up on an all fat diet assuming my protein was high enough to maintain :o I'm nost saying he's right or knows anything about cutting :mamoru:

20. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

My favorite boxing supplements (I've trained once :o) would be ECA stack, Vitamin B12, and BCAA. Great energy and simulation.

21. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

22. stealthrapt0r

stealthrapt0r me lift weights

i remember that thread, but didn't know it was skeletor :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.