MMA Supplements and the martial arts

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by jag6984, Mar 24, 2006.

1. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Aloha all,
    Since f&n seems to be all over 'roids (which really, really isn't for me) I'm wondering what supplements/pills (if any) are you guys using. I'm training in MT and just currently using whey powder, flax seed oil, glucosamine/msm and a multi-vitamins. I'm thinkin about some green tea extract because I've heard it is beneficial.

2. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

haha, F&N isn't all over roids... only a small percent of them even use any steroid.

In terms of supplements, I take vitamin C, E, multi, and calcium pills everyday, and whey protein after working out and before going to bed. All this is really meaningless if you don't have your regular diet in check, as it is only meant to "supplement" it.

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I work out and do MT bagwork at home. I don't use weights but I do a lot of calisthenics and stuff with resistence bands etc.

I just eat a lot of healthy food. Lots of whole wheat bread, peanut butter, fish, lean white meat (turkey, chicken), rice, vegetables, nonfat milk, orange juice, etc. The only dietary supplement I'm currently taking is a daily multivitamin. I should be taking whey because I'm working out pretty hard to try and gain weight, but I'm not. :sad2:

Sounds like what you're taking right now is fine.

As for F&N, they're not all about roids. They are, however, going to slander you and give you shitty feedback if your goal isn't to become 300lbs and 8% bodyfat with 10-foot wide lats. :greddy:

4. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Protein, creatine, glutamine, liquid multi-vitamin, & fish oil.

5. MyLittleAirport

:fawk:

hence the reason why I'm taking creatine.

6. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

I use Nitrix

7. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

I've heard of people using this and similar products, what's the intended effect and have you noticed anything?

And yes, I know f&n doesn't all use 'roids, but it usually comes up in the answer to most questions about supplements/getting muscle mass. Also, as said earlier, being 300lbs of muscle isn't exactly what I'm going for (or any martial artist for that matter).

8. MyLittleAirport

RWARRRRR