Supplement recommendations?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by LOtown, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOtown

LOtown Active Member

I'm sure this gets asked a million times, but looking for some help...

I've recently lost 85 lbs on the South Beach diet, and now the wife and I are hitting the gym regularly...I'm wondering if there any supplements that be worthwhile to help my body with recovery and help push my progress...Not really looking for something weight loss related, more muscle recovery/growth focused...

I know there are no magic pills, but I'm wondering if some kind of creatine/protein supplement might be a step in the right direction to go from flabby to broly...:bigthumb:

2. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

You should definitely make sure that your protein intake is satisfactory. Supplement with whey and similar proteins. If you want to go with creatine too, that'll be fine. If you search around you'll see the brands, etc that most people here use.

Congratulations on the progress.

3. LOtown

LOtown Active Member

Part of the South Beach diet is an emphasis on lowering carbs, and limiting yourself to "good carbs"...I've read various places (including the noob guide) that you should take creatine with carbs...Is that required for maximum effectiveness? Will my lack of sugar based carbs be determinental to that? I get plenty of dietary fiber carbs, but still in much lower quantities than most people I imagine...

I'm not super familiar with Whey Proteins, what kind of carb counts can I expect in the average Whey mix?

4. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

a scoop of powdered gatorade is not goign to ruin your diet.

Elite Whey = 2.5 g

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.