MMA Superfight *spoilers*

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Searcher, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Searcher

Searcher New Member

I predict GSP would win this fight......

2. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

I hope to god we never see it.

3. eyustfu

eyustfu ಠ_ಠ OT Supporter

i dont think GSP would move up in weight for it to happen

4. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

those some spoilers in the title

but yes i would like to see it.

5. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

hed still probally have to cut in order to make weight

6. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

you should be courteous enough not to spoil it in the thread title genius.

And i think he is one of the only threats to Silva at 185.

7. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

watch the title

8. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Ummmm not trying to start crap, but the outcome was already on the front page of yahoo.com and I just put two names....Anyway....

I would love to see this fight.....I think GSP has a real shot....I don't think Anderson has the strength to over power him.....Striking i would give to Anderson, but on the ground I would give to GSP in every aspect.....

9. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

a lot of people come here to look for threads with fight links. when retards put spoilers in the thread title it becomes unavoidable.
    I personally am of the thought that if you cant figure out how to watch these fights you deserve ot have them spoiled, but thats beside the point.

GSP does not have every aspect of the ground better than Silva. But his wrestling is good enough possibly to take him down and grind him down for a while. I still dont see him winning though.

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I think that they have both acknowledged that they are willing to fight each other. GSP has already said that hes starting to become a pretty big 170 pounder and that eventually he is going to have to move up. I dont think he will do it any time soon though he still has some things that he can do at 170. One of which is his fight with thiago alves.

After his fight with thiago both he and Anderson should be free to fight again. I would love to see them meet up at MW like what happened tonight with BJ or if they met at a catch weight that would be awesome as well. Like if they fought at 180 or 178 something where they would be on even terms. Either way is fine.

The fight needs to happen though because now every one is left wondering whats next for GSP. He has beatern the best 170s in the world and after thiago I really dont see who else he can fight that he hasnt beaten. I might be interested in a rematch with fitch if fitch worked on his striking more to try and close the gap.

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I agree, A 176 catch weight would make it a hell of a fight.

12. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

It would be hillarious if GSP moved up to 185 to fight James Irvin in his first 185lb match and just killed him in 30 seconds.

13. Searcher

Searcher New Member

If GSP walks around at 185-195 lets say......Then it would be nuts to see him not having to cut weight.....I think his energy would be through the roof.....I don't see where Anderson is better than GSP on the ground.....Anderson couldn't handle Lutter and, in my opinion, GSP would destroy Lutter on the ground....

14. REDTAIL

REDTAIL New Member

this isnt a bad theory actually

15. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Yeah I think in terms of BJJ they are at the same level both him and anderson are black belts. Anderson really usese his BJJ to get back up where ass GSP uses his BJJ more for positional advancement and to compliment his wrestling. I honestly done see any one of them subbing the other guy. I really beleive that the travis lutter fight exposed a weakness in anderson silva the only problem is that there isnt really any one in the UFC MW division that can expose that weakness.

Travis Lutter and Hendo both showed that if you can get him to the ground you have a chance to win but that would require a very specific skillset to get the job done and travis lutter didnt have it. I beleive Hendo had it but couldnt pull it off that night.

To beat anderson you need,
    Excellent wrestling, explosiveness, strong positional control, a good gas tank and the ability to deal with andersons striking (be it phenomenal chin like cote or with a good enough striking game that will keep you from getting ko'd)

If you look at all of andersons fights the guys had a peice of the puzzle but they didnt have everything that they needed in order to defeat anderson.I belive GSP has all of the qualities needed to defeat anderson silva but even if you have everything needed its still going to be a hell of a fight to get the job done.

16. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

I agree that if you don't want the spoiled, you should stay away. But I also see the other people's point

17. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

i think anderson takes it.. gsp's chin won't be able to hold up against anderson.. but soon after i'd like to see anderson at 205 fulltime

18. HandgunFantasy

HandgunFantasy My purity you stole.

gsp would not be able to take anderson :o

id like to see him stay at 170 and hold the belt until he retires cementing him as the best 170 lber ever, forever....

19. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

fuck that i want to see him dominate multiple weight classes

20. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Some of the things said are very true about Anderson and GSP......GSP would have to avoid Anderson's striking and take him to the ground.....GSP would be able to take Anderson down at will.....I think his toughest battle would be getting through Anderson's reach......It would be an epic battle....