Supercharged LS1 goes 8.62 @ 156

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by DETROIT_AREA_00_SS, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Ron Dukes 387 CI F1R procharged TA.......
    '03 Cobra what ????? :fawk: :fawk: :fawk:

2. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

WOOT!

Details? I was expecting to see a 422ci in there, but it was done on a 387? sweetness.

3. Possum Stomper

Possum Stomper The Great Bird of the Galaxy

more details please:)

4. Big_Luke

Big_Luke serious as dick cancer

:mb:

let see any Ls1 do that with a stock block.

03 Cobras are in the 9's on stock blocks.

5. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

I'm more impressed by cars that are fast in their stock form. Pour enough money in to anything and it'll do that.

6. 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95 OT Supporter

7. Chadnel25

Chadnel25 Member

X2

8. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

Stock block or stock internals? There's LS1's out there in the 8's on stock "blocks".

9. Big_Luke

stock internals

stock rods/pistons/crank

10. There is at least one turbo LS1 with a stock block / pistons/ rods...etc in the 9's. I know there is a few N20 cars too.

11. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

:bigthumb:
    I believe Harlan's Twin Turbo Firehawk is now in the 9's... And he's stock internals.

Last run I saw was like a year ago it was a 10.000 @ 142.61 mph.
    ftp://140.186.244.242/videos/Drag/transam_10_DOH.mpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2003
  12. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

Fuck stock internals, thats the cheap stuff compared to electronics, and the rest of the shit that goes into a car. Dump a set of rods and pistons into an LS1 for under $2k and it'll be good for 9s no problem.
    You can blab "03 Cobra" all you want, but the fact is, the engine is the only worth while thing in that car, Fords have been plagued with electrical, and sub system failures for years. One of the guys who races up at 75&80 had to take his back to the dealer twice for defects, once for the air bags, and the other for a module that failed and left his car dead on I495. Even on my Vic, the damn air bags won't work because of an electrical failure, as well as the trans fucking up. I'll take GM over post '74 Ford anyday, at least I know I won't be towed home from the track.

13. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

I had heard that Ford went aftermarket for some of the internals in the '03 Cobra engine anyway - can't remember what exactly, manley rods and something else? I won't fault them on it though, it's still "factory" stock, just not completely with parts from Ford's bin.

14. Thats fabulous. WTF does that have to do with this thread? Get out. :wavey:

15. Big_Luke

right.

shut the fuck up newb

16. I am new, cant argue there. Being the newbian I am, I have already found out who some of the dumbass's are on this board.

Congratulations Big_Luke, you are the first e-thug idiot. :greddy:

17. Big_Luke

Ford has been plagued with electrical problems? What factpinion you get from?
    I will admit Ford does have some lemons, but so does Chevy. I'd take any kind of Cobra over a F body any day. You're also forgetting about weak drive train probelms with F body's. The 10 bolt is a Joke and if you get the 4L60e, forget about it. You can go back and forth all day but I just like Cobras better and with the bullet proof block in the 03 Cobras just make them even better.

But I'd rather have a Fbody than a Mustang GT anyday.

18. Big_Luke

right. go back to the main forum and learn some shit before you venture out.

19. cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime

It's not in the 9s yet. And it's not stock internals.

20. cASe SenSiTive

cASe SenSiTive Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime

BTW 03 Cobra>03 F-body
    ;)

21. MAD PUNK inDC

Besides my own experiance with Fords electrical and computer problems, wich is extensive, there have been a number of recalls, and TSBs on things like electronic modules, ignition switchs, and various other parts. Considering that you can buy an F-body for considerably less than an 03 Cobra, it's worth it to buy the F-body, and simply either do the build up on the 4L60e (wich isn't that much) and replace the old 7.5" 10 bolt, with either a 8.5" 10 bolt, or 12 bolt. For basicly $3k into the car, you can solve all the problems with the driveline and engine. Ad a heads/cam package and your easily over the 390hp a Cobra makes, Thats about $20-24k total for something like an 01 F-body, and you won't have to worry about dead batterys, fucked alternators, fried modules, ignition switches, or rough shifting transmissions, that self destruct, all in a package that can do the same times an 03 cobra will do, only do it all motor!

22. Big_Luke

well I've has the same experience with some of GM's products and have had electrical problems also. I have a 94 Buick that has a terrible electrical system.

and 3k for a built tranny and rear end? :rofl: I don't know what kind of jack up drivetrain system you would come out with but I would figure it would cost way more than that to install something that would hold 500 + hp.

but I will agree that the F-body is a great budget racer for as cheap you can get them for.

23. MAD PUNK inDC

Do the work your self, and stay away from bullshit companys that charge you rediculous prices for something as simple as a 12 bolt, that you can find in a damn junk yard! I meen yeah if you really WANT to spend the $2200 for a 12 bolt, thats all nice and prefabbed up, then go ahead. Same with the trans. Also an 8.5" 10 bolt will take 500hp, only problem is getting one without an open diff. Once you fab up all the brackets, it's pretty easy, and the 8.5" 10 bolt is dirt cheap. Just so you know, the new parts I put into my 4L60e cost me about $800 total, but this trans will easily take the abuse of 500+hp now if I want. If you have the skills, you can seriously save alot of money, and it's always better to build your speed, than buy it anyway. As far as electrical problems go, I rarely see them in Gm products from the mid 90s on, but none of my Caprices ever had any either, and thats going back to the 1986 model year and up.

24. The only thing I have to learn is how this board flows. Obviously they allow anyone to post in the car forums, seeing as you are still posting here. I could probably teach you a few things car wise, and I am sure likewise for yourself.

Trying to act like a know-it-all makes you look stupid. :greddy:

25. Big_Luke

right!!!

have you read this thread at all.

lets have a little recap on how this thread goes

First post goes

"Ron Dukes 387 CI F1R procharged TA.......
    '03 Cobra what ????? "

normal dialog proceeds with normal car talk.

I put in my 2 cents

"let see any Ls1 do that with a stock block.

03 Cobras are in the 9's on stock blocks."

then you put in a asinine comment like

"Thats fabulous. WTF does that have to do with this thread? Get out. "

you see my little friend, the start of this thread was to get a reaction from Cobra fans and post some info about how the LS1 can do amazing things when in non-stock form and I put in my comment that Cobras are on it's way in STOCK form.

and you did not seem to get the point from your pea brain little mind.

now as this post might be a little complicated for you to understand,
    here is a link I think you can understand

Link