Super Gameboy Advance

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Camcam, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

http://thegametrader.com/games/news_02.11.25_01.asp

It's like a Super Gameboy. When it's released, the Gameboy Player will allow gamers to play Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance games on Gamecube.
    Nintendo has finally made it official that it will release the Gameboy Player in Japan in March, with a U.S. release to follow in May. The peripheral is expected to cost about $40. The Gamecube fits on top of the player, much like the Genesis fit on top of the Sega CD 2.
    You'll be able to use the regular Gamecube controller, or, if you have the connections, you can use the Gameboy Advance as your controller.
    The player will include a boot disk, similar to the kind needed to play import games on a Playstation.
    It's no secret that the GBA's lack of a back light has infuriated many people who are unable to see the darker games, such as Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. Although Nintendo hasn't yet released pictures of Gameboy Advance games running on the Gameboy Player, we can assume that picture will be much brighter, making the games more playable.
    Since almost all console games are 3D based now, the GBA has become the last bastion of 2D gaming. With the release of great new games such as Metriod Fusion and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance and repackaged classics such as Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Yoshi's Island and A Link to the Past, many people may skip the GBA altogether and buy a Gamecube with the player to enjoy some good 2D gameplay.

2. vitamin

vitamin Guest

For the record: I just found and played Metroid Fusion and its fucking incredible, thanks for mentioning it, I didnt know there was a Metroid game for GBA.

3. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

I'll have to get that game then. :bigthumb: