Super Duper

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by langer421, May 17, 2007.

1. langer421

langer421 New Member

Right now I'm using a g4 powerbook 1.67 and I'm upgrading to a MBP this week and trying to figure out how everything is going to work. I back up everything using Super Duper so when I buy the MBP and hook my HD up am I just going to be able to clone from the external to the MBP's HD and have everything back to where I left off? Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Blair

Blair New Member

i am pretty sure there is a way to hook up your old laptop via firewire and have osx pull everything into your new macbook pro. it should prompt you to do this when you start for the first time.

3. langer421

langer421 New Member

Yes but that's not an option. I'm ebaying the old one then buying the new one.

4. Blair

Blair New Member

then just copy over the shit you actually need. why drag all your old shitty junk to a fresh computer?

5. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

The way to do this would be to hooke them together, turn off whichever one you want to take the files from, and then turn it back on while holding down the T key (i'm pretty sure this is the right one). That computer should then appear as an external hard drive on the new computer. Then just start dragging stuff over.

Just in case you need to do this:)

6. hellsspawn

hellsspawn New Member

superduper works good if youre changing out a harddrive.... i wouldnt suggest more than dragging and dropping the stuff you want to keep when upgrading... i prettymuch did what youre doing when i bought my mbp

7. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

super duper :mamoru: