GUN Super cheap 5.45x39

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Keesh, May 20, 2007.

1. Keesh

Keesh New Member

http://rguns.net/008_3.html

2180 rounds of Russian surplus for $210 plus shipping. Don't buy it all before I can get a chance to place an order tomorrow :o

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

its 2160 rounds :o

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

oops, there's my math skills for ya.

4. Daiz4yota

Daiz4yota OT's ENT/Facial Plastics MD OT Supporter

Shit, thats a ridiculous deal. Its corrosive and only 53 gr though :wtc:

5. Daiz4yota

maybe I should go ahead and order some to keep as extra ammo, incase I run out of wolf non-corrosive :o

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Buy it cheap, stack it deep. It will probably last longer than your life in those cans so I don't feel bad buying a ton and letting it sit until I can use it.

7. Daiz4yota

Is it bad for the rifle to switch between ammo grains and corrosiveness like that? I guess I can just keep cleaning my rifle after every range use, as to not take any chances.

8. Keesh

Keesh New Member

It won't hurt it. I've heard if you shoot a couple rounds of Wolf after shooting corrosive ammo it removed a lot of the corrosive salts and stuff, making it a little easier to clean.

Cleaning corrosive ammo just takes a little longer and you have to do it sooner than cleaning non corrosives ammo. Just spray windex all over all parts that the gas comes in contact with after shooting: barrel, gas tube, bolt, ect. You can then wash it out with warm soapy water, dry it, then clean/oil it normally.

9. Daiz4yota

How the hell would you wash these rifles with warm soapy water? I just got the WASR 2 about a week ago, so im definitely a cleaning noob. As of now, I simply run a bore string through it 3-4 times, spray some foaming bore cleaner down the bore, let is run through a for a minute, then run the bore string through it one or 2 more times. I have yet to clean the actually TGC or receiver in general with a CLP.

10. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Taken from AK-47.net. Just pour the water down the barrel/gas tube whatever, and scrub. Finish by oiling over whatever you cleaned and you're done.

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ruskie stuff is pretty good, already have a bunch of it been using up the bulgie stuff. Might have to order a couple more cans of this. The Ruskie and bulgie are both corrosive have shottem in my WASR and SAR2 as long as you cleanem up after shooting you wont have any problems. You'll get better groups with this stuff then wolf too.

12. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

spray some ammonia based windex down the barrel/on the bolt, then rinse with soapy warm water, then oil.

13. Daiz4yota

Wait what? You shoot better with russian surplus ammo than Wolf?

14. Daiz4yota

Do I need to brush it down or use the boresnake after spraying everything with windex, or just let it sit and rinse?

15. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, the loads are more consistent then Wolf

16. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I run the snake or patches down after rinsing it, also put a patch through the gas tube and clean up the port area. I'd try to get it dry as possible and oiled up before putting it away, I got a compressor so i just blow everything out after rinsing it.

17. Daiz4yota

Ok so I just finished shooting a couple hundred rounds of corrosive surplus at the range. I would wait till I got home to start the cleaning, as the bore/gas tube are still pretty hot. I will get home, spray the bore/gas tube/ports etc with ammonia based windex. Ill let it run down the bore a little, before running the boresnake through it once or twice. Ill then pour some soapy warm water through the bore, and use a rag to soak the warm soapy water and rinse the port/gas tube. Ill then make sure its all dried completely, and proceed to oil it all with the multi purpose bore clp I picked up at walmart. Does that sound adequate to take care of any corrosion problems I would have with the russian surplus?

18. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i told you fuckers prices would come down :bowdown: this is a damn good reason to sell the wasr i just picked up and get a 5.45 of some kind.

19. Keesh

Keesh New Member

:h5:

Century has had their Bulgy stuff on sale for two consecutive months. Must mean they are trying to unload it and have more comin'. Looks like we'll be gettin' it cheap for a while now :big grin:

20. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

i`m deffenetly ordering a couple cans

21. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I know jack shit about this sort of thing, but isn't the boat tail suppose to improve accuracy?

22. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

just dont overorder or they will jack the prices back up... they have 40 million rounds... its not going anywhere for a while.

23. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I'll just switch between this Russian and the Bulgarian. Turns out with shipping to my place, www.rguns.net is only a little bit cheaper. They do send you the wooden crate though I think.

24. jonny427

jonny427 Scooby Doo OT Supporter

yeah it is.