SRS sup

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Sep 27, 2007.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

o fuck

i'm just gonna rant a bit

i'm spending an extra semester in college.

my two best friends over the last four years, who came into town to visit me yesterday, ended up hanging out in my room for all of twenty minutes and then ditching me.

one was an ex-fwb of 4 years and the other was my roommate in college, also of 4 years.

they left because the ex-fwb had some kind of conniption fit, remembering how unhappy she was in college, and kept saying "can we go" to my ex-roommate.

i was really looking forward to seeing my best friends and so on, now i'm by myself going "wtf".

to make matters more unpleasant, my lover witnessed the whole thing. frankly i found it pretty embarrassing because aside from my lover and my family, these are supposedly the two people who are closest to me in my life. and they pull a stunt like that. what does that say about me.

for various reasons, it's not a great time for this to happen. i feel like they showed up and in one blow i was suddenly distanced from
    - my best male friend, thanks to
    - my best female friend,
    - and thus my lover as well (thanks to the two above).

it's times like this a guy has to rant in the asylum. thanks

2. blueNcream

blueNcream win OT Supporter

:o

been there, done that.

so ... you know what to do!

3. blueNcream

blueNcream win OT Supporter

well that still isn't common for a lot of folks

savor it. do move on now. it's what i meant from my last post

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Why are you embarrassed that your girl saw? I don't see the big deal. It was your friends who were the douche bags...you did nothing wrong so if anything you should've just looked at her and been like "fuck 'em." Them ditching you doesn't mean anything about you, other than maybe you have some flighty friends. Did you talk to them about what they did?

5. Animall0versist

Animall0versist New Member

*hugs* man that would suck

6. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I see what you mean to some extent, but at the same time it always seems to mean a lot, the way other people treat you.

For example when someone sees that you have a lot of close friends who love you a lot and who are really cool, that person will feel a certain way because of that.

7. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

I can see why you're upset but I wouldn't worry about what your lover thinks. From what you've said before the two of you have a pretty solid foundation so she shouldn't be affected by how other people treat you. She's probably thinking that you deserve better friends. No biggie.

I've had some crap going on with my best friend for a few weeks now. It sucks. But maybe this was a blessing in disguise. It sucks to find out they might not be good friends after all, but at least you found out this way instead of having them not come through for you if you really needed them for something. At least now you know better and can concentrate on finding quality people to get close to.

Either way, I'm sorry they were so rude. :sadwavey:

8. Pringles

Pringles New Member

personally man, I wouldn't worry about it. I can't control others actions and if people are going to hold my friends at the same standard they do me, thats there own damn lazy fault.

I personally have close friends a few I'd trust my life with and they haven't shafted me yet, so I can't say I've been in your shoes. But I wouldn't expect people in the room to have me be in charge of my guests.