Sup yall, this is my new schedule

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by JeremyD, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

So it's about that time to send the training volume through the roof. Actually, not really. It's only going to be about a 10-15% increase in volume, just split up among a greater number of shorter sessions. I've actually still been able to hold on to strength pretty well up to this point in the diet. But I fall off very quickly during my workouts. This should allow me to keep my energy high enough to get through and will allow me to split up my cardio sessions a bit more to help my metabolism stay revving along. Each session will be finished with 25 minutes medium intensity cardio. I should also make a note that absolutely nothing will be taken to failure.

[​IMG]

Shazam.

Looks fuckin ugly huh? I wouldnt recommend this to anyone. It's obviously geared towards me with my individual strong points and weak points. This will probably ride out for the next 6 weeks or so, unless drastic changes need to be done with the cardio. See you all in hell:wavey:

2. TZ

TZ Banned

2 a days huh...fck that

3. deznutz

deznutz New Member

overtraining

4. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

5. Elfling

Elfling New Member

How's your mental state at this point? I've never had the pressure of needing to be in X shape for a contest- I imagine that might be even more of a drain than the 2 a days.

6. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Not really. Depends on the volume and intensity of each workout.

7. TZ

TZ Banned

and rx

8. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I've got to be honest, my emotions seem really unstable. It's not like I'm constantly depressed or sad, it's just I have huge swings from one extreme to the others. Sometimes I feel amazing, other times I wonder why I ever bother to wake up and get out of bed. 9/10 times my training is actually the most enjoyable part of the day, purely for the fact that I'm always stable for at least that part of the day.

9. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I'm not adding in any extra sessions. This is how often I'm training now. I'm just splitting things up, cutting down the volume each workout, increasing frequency, and splitting up cardio over a greater number of sessions. The overall training volume is only going to see a minor increase. For each muscle group, we are talking only 2-3 working sets of 2-4 movements per workout.

10. TZ

TZ Banned

more power to ya man. looks tough as hell tho

11. Elfling

Elfling New Member

:hsd:

12. mostrandom17

mostrandom17 New Member

your schedule is overloaded and seems to be tough.

13. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Not for someone who is contest prepping :dunno: This isnt a schedule he would keep doing year-round, its for a particular period of time with a particular goal.

14. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

This:cool:

Funny how everyone smaller, fatter, and weaker than me has negative things to say about the way I'm doing my least few weeks:hsugh:

15. smb is me

smb is me New Member

looks spot on to me

diet--check
    cardio--check
    2 a days to insure good workouts and good energy for those workouts :big grin:

Back when i was cutting, i really wanted to switch to two-a-days, but the gym was too far away. (plus i was doing an hour of cardio outside every morning, and gym in the evenings). But two workout sessions a day would have allowed to keep the intensity up.

16. filho do deus

filho do deus New Member

why do you do cardio AFTER lifting? I always do before

17. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Save your energy for the stuff that requires more concentration, imo. I always do it after.

18. smb is me

smb is me New Member

cardio burns muscle glycogen stores faster and more thoroughly than does lifting. (read energy)

So if you lift first, do cardio second, you have "muscle energy" to get through your workout, and still have some energy to do cardio (will be depleted by the time you are done doing cardio.)

If you do cardio first, you will deplete all of your "muscle energry" (or glycogen) before you even start to work out. Then you will be working out on empty, will burn more muscle, and overall will get suboptimal results.

Especially when in a caloric deficit like he is, you don't want to workout after doing cardio. Mind you, a nice easy 5-10 min warm up on the treader or eliptical machine before working out isn't really going to impede your progress.

19. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I've used anabolics for literally years now (no not consistantly....sprinkled here and there for short durations) and never felt like that. Androgens actually improve my mood I find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.