A&P Sunset with cheap DCS-P50

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ElDude, Sep 5, 2004.

1. ElDude

ElDude Hiya!

I just had to share this picture with you lot. Yes the picture is grainy. Yes it's poor quality (camera + situation). I tell you though, this picture does it no justice what so ever. It was quite simply the most impressive sky I've seen around the UK in years (myself that is)
    [​IMG]
    I was in a car taking the shot with afore mentioned camera through a windscreen of a Vectra. Considering the camera and the fact we were moving at about 30mph I think it came out quite well. Also it's worth noting that this camera has awful saturation problems, amongst other issues. Still, I like the photo.

The clouds were light in a fantastic fashion by the setting sun which the camera doesn't quite capture (the reason I want a D70 :( ) and there was a fantastic effect going through the clouds that looked as if it was combed through.

If only I had a decent camera :(

P.S. Anyone know what causes the effect of the combing in that picture, as that's how it looks to the naked eye? I've not seen that before.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  2. k270

k270 Guest

That's an awesome pic. As for the combing, I don't know. But for a cheap camera that's a quality pic.

3. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

not to hijack your thread, but i took this picture w/ my Canon Powershot A70... this was taken THE DAY that i got the camera, i went outside and saw this, little did I know, the camera was on the lowest res. setting, and i knew nothing about other settings

Whats even worse is that i deleted the original file on the mem. card...damnit all to hell

[​IMG]

i think its an awesome picture that you have taken, i dont know anything about the combing thing you got going on, but i do enjoy that picture of yours...

4. ElDude

ElDude Hiya!

I'm told that the combing is due to smaller clouds sitting nearer the sun, casting shadows through the larger clouds.

Nice photo that. Armageddon :big grin: