A&P Sunset Beach, Cape May, New Jersey.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by keroberos, Aug 27, 2003.

1. keroberos

keroberos OT Supporter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i have a ton more and they're available in bigger sizes.

used a Canon g3 to take the pics.

:cool:

2. barnold999

barnold999 New Member

I like the 3rd the best... though crop an inch off the top and sides... that will put the water not RIGHT in the center... and then rotate it a TINY bit so the horizon is straight.

In photography there is a rule of thirds... you want everything to be on a 1/3 mark...

The other ones are nice too... though the lens flair in the 3rd dosent really work for me. But the bird is nice... and the fishing rod is nice... though the exposure isnt as good on that one as the others...

3. keroberos

keroberos OT Supporter

i have no idea what i'm doing :o

i just point and click. :bigthumb:

but thats for the info, i shall use it.

4. Junkyard

Junkyard Guest

Amateur question coming....

What shutter speed and aperture did you have? I know you said you point and click so if you don't know then.. But every time I try a pic like that I just get glare and nothing comes out..

Very nice pictures though.

5. dietcookie

dietcookie I Like Men

yeah but once you know the rules you can break them.

6. barnold999

barnold999 New Member

LOL but he dosent know the rules... yeah there are SOME expections... but for the most part... you dont want the image split in half... It's just not as pleasing...

Some rules can be broken... but some cant... it is like... ok... you are taking headshots of someone... and since you know how to do it you take the back of their head... thats breaking the rules but not the good way...

Eh, I am just an old crockity 17 year old... who tries to pretend that I have experience... well... I guess I do... lol... but I cant have that much haha

7. barnold999

barnold999 New Member

On sunsets... you want to use a smaller aperture around 8.0... and play around with shutter speeds... start at 1/180 if you do TOO FAST you will have it underexposed... too slow and it will be glare...

thats why taking photos of people and sunsets is tricky... you need a flash ALWAYS for that... but for just a sunset play around... take your camera out tonight and play around at the sunset... if it is digital... why worry about film.

If you dont have manual control on stuff... push the exposure down either like .5 to 1.5 stops down

8. Junkyard

Junkyard Guest

cool, I will take my camera out tonight and hopefully post some pictures tonight. I can manipulate the f stop and shutter. Thanks for the advise. We'll see what happens.

9. barnold999

barnold999 New Member

As sex ed said... "experimenting is OK" (this applies to photography too) play around with the settings and find what you like

10. Davan

Davan Guest

Very nice pics. The water looks incredible. I'm at a loss as to how you managed the first pic without any lens flare... I always get a lot of flare when shooting into the sun...