TAT Sunscreen and tattoo protection

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by audrey, Feb 8, 2009.

1. audrey

audrey New Member

I'm very fair skinned and I'm really careful to make sure I wear sun screen on my ink when I'm in the sun but I read a story in a magazine the other day about how people don't apply sunscreen properly and it got me thinking. It explained that you should put sun screen on 20 mins before your skin us exposed to the sun, you shouldn't rub it in too much and you should reapply.

Now I usually apply it in the morning just before I leave my house, I rub it in until you can't see it and then I usually walk home from work which is a good 40mins and most of that in the sun. Does that mean that the sunscreen I applied in the morning isn't protecting me in the afternoon? Does that mean I haven't been protecting my ink like I thought I was?

What's your thoughts? What do you do?

2. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

I reapply mine every few hours accordingly.

3. xela

xela So say we all!

I think you're supposed to reapply ever couple of hours if you're going to be in the sun. Especially too if you've been sweating.

I don't think the sunscreen you put on in the morning is protecting you by the end of work.

4. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

I just got back from hawaii.

When I was out there I was using Banana Boat 85 Spray On. I would apply it, and then reapply every hour or two depending on how much I was in the sun. If I went in the water, I would reapply when I got out.

5. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

i got the most ridiculous tan line over the summer with 80+SPF....that tanline FINALLY went away right before christmas time

6. Lucien

Lucien Guest

20 to 30 minutes before sun exposure.

Re-apply every couple hours, regardless of water/sweat exposure.

Use good sunblock with at least some zinc oxide in it.