Sun machine issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hurleyint1386, Jan 18, 2008.

1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

Is there anyone here that's good with Sun machines? I've got a SunBlade 150 workstation (actually a whole bunch of them) with an issue. I try to boot the machine, and there is no display. I was plugging the monitor into the PCI video card, so I took out the PCI video card to try the onboard video card, still with no luck. All of the machines have the same issue. I've never used Sun, but would like to learn, but I can't with out a display to the screen. If you've got any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, the machines came with no RAM, so I put in a 512 MB PC133 ECC stick. Do I need special Sun RAM? I know there is Sun RAM, but don't know if that's for older machines.

2. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

hmm, all machines don't show a display? what were the machines used for previously? the console may have been set to its serial port. hook up a null modem cable from the db9 port to another com port on a pc or laptop. I think it's a null modem cable. i don't know what the hyperterminal settings are, but you should be able to find it online. hook it up and boot up...

for those things, you don't need SUN certified ram. you don't really need SUN ram. We used Dataram in our E10K and E15K's. Hundreds of Gigs worth.

3. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

yeah, every one wont show a display. i guess it is possible it was used as a console. we got a pallet of them in from a university. should i be able to get a terminal monitor and hook it up and see if it works?

4. etech

etech New Member

Is there a bios clear jumper that would set it back to onboard graphics?