SRS Sulbutiamine (nootropics)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Falconer, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I didn't want to post this in Road to Recovery cuz it's not really about that...

Anyone use nootroopics (cognitive enhancement drugs)? I bought a product from Biotest called Spike, which is basically a sulbutiamine + caffeine combo. Well, they'll tell you it's some super secret ingredient, but it's sulbutiamine.

I know there are a bunch of different nootropics, so I thought we could get a discussion going here if anyone has any experience with any.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

http://www.relentlessimprovement.com/catalog/sulbutiamine.htm

I can assure you that very little amount of the people in here use that stuff.

However according to the website some side effects like agitation,tremors or severe headackes can occur when used in high doses.

Some people swear by these kind of supplements ,my grandma is almost 85 years old and never used any of this stuff. Or in other words to live a healthy life , you wouldn't need to build on these kind of supplements, however as an extra accessoire they might benefit your life.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I used to take Piracetam for ADHD. It increased my focus and ability to study... sometimes massively so, when I would take the maximum dosage. In college, I would give some to people studying for tests and they would get many chapters done in a single night. And it potentiated caffiene to the point that it was like crack cocaine. It does that to all stimulants.

I dunno how theraputic it is, but it definately helped people study, and it is not at all toxic.

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Well, treatment for ADHD is given in the form of a psychostimulant, I know Dexedrine is chemically similar to amphetamine (its scientific name is dextroamphetamine). So yeah, it's not more dangerous than pharmaceutical grade amphetamine which isn't totally safe IMO.

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Piracetam isn't in the same group as those stimulants. Dosages go way up to 4g of the stuff, and as far as I know there has never been an overdose. This is what I mean by not very toxic.

6. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

Do you have any disorders (bi polar, schizo, etc?). Need to know before advising...

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

8. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

As an adult, don't take more than 600mg in a day. Sulbutiamine is just a precursor to vitamin B1.

I guess try it and see if you notice anything. I personally tried a free sample of the stuff and didn't notice shit.