MIL Suicide Watch?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TRN, Jun 2, 2008.

1. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

With all the crap the military has a policy for isn't there a damn order on suicide watch or procedure for what should happen?

I've got to wake up at 0330 to watch one of the junior Marine's in my platoon who decided he wanted to do some cutting....:mad:

Shouldn't the duty be doing this or something?

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

That is what Mental Health is for.

3. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

Shouldn't said marine be kicked out for being a drama whore? All they want is attention when they cut. I knew various people like that growing up :ugh:

4. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

somebody gets a DUI and they put them on suicide watch here, with out any reason or provication, they think the thought of their career being over is enough to drive them to kill themself, lol

5. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

ive been on drunk watch and we used to have a 'suicide watch' in school because some jackass told everyone he was going to jump from the 6th story window. solution=watch in hallway be hind locked doors....wtf right?

6. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

damn if it was only a 2 or 3 story building you could help him out with his desire...fall won't kill him but will teach him that not all dreams are good ideas.

7. Sharkticon

Sharkticon The safest place in combat is on an AEGIS Class Gu

It's attitudes like that which cause these incidents of cutting to be ignored and eventually turn into something more violent.

Normal people do not cut themselves because they want attention.

8. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

lol that reminds me in boot camp we had suicide watch a few nights in boot camp for some dumbass. The suicidee (if there is such a word) would put his rack in teh middle of the squad bay and we were told to stand there with our flashlight with a blue lens and point it in his face for the 1 hour until we had to wake up the next person. LOL

9. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

It just doesn't make sense to have other Marine's having to pull shifts to watch him and then have to go to work right after being awake all night.

There is no way in hell I am going to fall asleep next to him even if we already took all the blades we could find.:noes:

10. c019552

c019552 New Member

I had to pull suicide watch in Basic, it was bullshit, the dude just wanted out of the military so he made up a bunch of shit.

11. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

i pulled suicide watch in AIT when this guy decided to loop an extension cord over one of those flimsy little slats that hold the soundboard together in the ceiling, put it around his neck, and sit down to choke himself. Needless to say the slat bended like the 10 cent piece of aluminum foil it was, and people lost sleep over it.

12. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Ah, suicide watch, where people who are begging for attention get the wrong kind of attention.

13. Cheerio

Cheerio New Member

We had soem guy when I was in BCT who talked about cutting himself once and we had to watch him during sleep time for a week. Lets say when his time was up he focused more on trying to get out of the army than cutting himself. He knew he wanted attention and we gave him some.

14. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

sounds like a perfect time for a blanket party:eek3:

15. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

lol, yeah, land and smash his face in. i wonder if even that could force SOME sense in his dumb ass. he got like 6 watches (one per floor..) put into place for 24hrs ......we all wanted to kill his ass.