Suggestions on Photo Software.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 3-THREE-7, Jul 4, 2008.

1. 3-THREE-7

3-THREE-7 New Member

I'm a hobby photographer. I was thinking about picking up lightroom, but it's 300 bucks. I've been using iPhoto since I got my laptop, but it's a bit lacking.

Is lightroom worth it?

2. Teddieedd1e

Teddieedd1e ---------- OT Supporter

If you have a dSLR and want to process RAW images then I'd say yes. Even the OTAP crew uses it. You should ask them more about it than here because your question is more of a photography than a mac question.

3. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

Personally, I like Aperture better than LightRoom, and a bunch of people I know think the same. I know a bunch (almost all) of people on OTAP like LightRoom better. If price does make a difference, Aperture is $199, so that's one thing to consider. Go to an Apple Store and play around with it on one of their machines.

4. Kirk Hinrich

Kirk Hinrich New Member

I much prefer LR to aperture but maybe it's just because I am more used to it. also I think there is a larger userbase for LR and more support/ideas out there for it (presets, etc.) The new version coming out will supposedly have some new features in it that make it work more closely alongside photoshop cs3 as well.

either way, if you are at all interested in postprocessing or just simply organizing RAW files, you should look into LR or Aperture, iPhoto really isn't built for that.

5. mojito

mojito New Member

Lightroom /thread

aperture, more like lolpreture

6. mojito

mojito New Member

buying Lightroom :rofl:

:wavey: