suggestions for new amps and sub

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RevPimp, Nov 8, 2005.

1. RevPimp

RevPimp Stupid sexy Flanders

I'm looking for some suggestions on a new 2channel amp and a new sub and sub amp. What I had (before it was stolen :wtc: ) was an IDMAX12 powered by a JBL BP1200.1 and a Soundstream 604 powering the speakers. I'm probably going to get another IDMAX, but I'm not so sure about another JBL. I really want to get something decent for the speakers. I'll finally be ditching my crappy 6x9's completely and just going with my fronts (Focal 165k3le). My budget for both amps and the sub is around $1000-$1200, not including box, wiring, etc. In case it matters, I have a 95 accord and my hu is an alpine-7998.
    For the sub amp, I've heard good things about Lanzar and Crossfire, so I've been looking at those. For the other one, I'm not really sure where to go, given my budget. So, suggest away!

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

I have an Eclipse 34230 amp ([email protected]) that I might be selling, let me know if you're interested.

3. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

eck1!!!!11 :noes:

4. RevPimp

RevPimp Stupid sexy Flanders

Thanks, but no thanks:)

How do you guys think a Crossfire VR1000D and VR602 would do?

5. Ronin

Ronin Guest

lanzar ftl

6. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Eh, Crossfire I wouldn't consider an SQ amp, it's more midrange and built for SPL. Maybe I'm trying to be a salesmen here, but my Eclipse is a better amp and produces more power at 4ohms (not to mention it will cost less). :squint: I guess you haven't told us whether you're going for SPL or SQ.