WEB Suggestions for my blog anyluckyday?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by carlo2343, Jan 13, 2009.

1. carlo2343

carlo2343 New Member

As many of you know, I started a new blog giving away free stuff. As of now, we have enough funding to give away weekly things in order to build a userbase. We have given away promocodes to many places for free accounts, but the goal is to get the site big enough that those accounts will be eliminated and people will pay to access the content (right now its restricted to members only). This will help fund the site. In addition we will seek prize donations so that it doesn't take away from the funding.

What suggestions do you guys have that could make it better?

2. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

A couple things I would change.

Don't make any more free contests than you absolutely HAVE to, if people get too comfortable with the service for free then less chance they will pay.

Also limit the number of 'free' accounts - when you cause scarcity people are more likely to jump on a free deal. Instead of saying "500 free accounts" say "First 50 ONLY get free accounts" etc.

Add a a calendar with prizes for the following weeks, it's unclear when the next contest will start and what the prize will be. If people know exactly what your prizes are going to be there's a better chance they'll throw money your way.

Other than that it's lookin' good so far. :bigthumb:

3. carlo2343

carlo2343 New Member

I like the calendar idea, will add that in.