WEB Suggestions for forums blocked at work

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by YourMomOnRyeBun, Jun 2, 2009.

1. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

Cliff notes:
    A small group of associates are looking to setup a discussion forum to share project information

They work on restricted gov computers and cannot access "<A href="http://www.insertthedomain.com/forums" sites">www.insertthedomain.com/forums" sites

What is flagging the system to not let them access the site? The URL or the coding itself?

If we setup a site with the same pages, but a URL of
    www.insertthedomain.com/blahblahblah
    Would it work?

I know..."try it yourself and find out", but I don't want to waste money on domain names and vbulletin (or other program) just to find out it doesn't work

If it is the actual coding on the page, can anyone suggest another forum program that might sneak through?

We have also tried blogs, but they were blocked also.

Thanks!

2. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

Oh yeah...a proxy is not an option. I just need to find the actual forum/blog that will allow direct access...

3. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

https usually works

4. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

they have a filter blocking out any websites outside of their "allowed" list.

contact the webmaster and discuss allowing a website. he most likely wont because he'll think it'll bring some sort of securtity risk. Especially if its gov based.

Maybe you can try to see who's in charged of your Intranet and they can install a basic forum inside your internal network.