Suggestions for a new cell phone

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by daaarn, May 20, 2008.

1. daaarn

daaarn New Member

i'm in the market for a new cell but i don't really know what to get. i have AT&T and my current phone's a Sony Ericsson. i like the Sony user interface and battery life so i'd prefer to stick with it (plus i already have the proprietary software/accessories). i'm looking at mid-level phones so i'm setting my price range at about ~$150-300.

also, after some preliminary browsing, the SE K550 and the SE w890 have become early favorites. if anyone has either of them, i'd like to know more about them. like, how much do you like it? are the features good (quantity and quality-wise)? and is it worth the price or should i wait for it? thanks all

2. ///M

///M New Member

an iphone is in your budget, if you're staying with att minus whale get one of those (they go on sale for $250/350 quite often these days at att.com)

if not, dump att and switch to sprint SERO

3. daaarn

daaarn New Member

wow, $250, really? anywhere i see them they're like $399+. one of my friends also keeps telling me to wait till later summer or something b/c he says they're supposed to come out with a new iPhone. i haven't really heard any confirmation about that tho, but it seems like all my local stores are sold out, so maybe they are coming out with something new.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

they're coming out with a 3g iphone that will still get worse data rates than evdo phones. And sero is ftw for value. go with sprint.

5. Mike00

Mike00 New Member

Got to agree here. If the Samsung Instinct delivers like it seems it will then the iphone is off my consideration. 99 bucks and unlimited everything and much faster data rates.

6. Uncle Saddam

Uncle Saddam New Member

Probably not an option for you, but I have a T-Mobile Dash atm. I like it a lot.

7. ///M

///M New Member

or SERO for $30/month with all the same shit as the simply everything plan aside from being limited to 500 anytime minutes and nights/weekends starting at 7pm :hsughno:

Not to mention the first 2 months @ $5/month.

8. Ender0910

Ender0910 woot!

I'm looking at the SERO plans right now, as well. Where can I get the 2 months @ $5/month? Is it automatic?

Thanks.

9. ///M

///M New Member

Enter coupon code "URANG" at the checkout screen

10. daaarn

daaarn New Member

thanks for the input but honestly, i dont do too much of any "network surfing," so it's not that big a deal for me. i'd love to have wi-fi tho, but that option seems to be reserved for the really high-end or expensive phones. as it stands, i'm stuck w/ at&t so that kinda kills the switch to sprint option anyway.

so for now, i'm deciding between the SE K550, SE w890, and possibly an iPhone if they do come out with one in a month