Suggestions for a 4 port KVM (PS/2)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Keyzs, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Keyzs

Keyzs OT Supporter

Any one have any suggestions for a 4 port KVM, Make/Model? It must have PS/2 mouse and keyboard but does not need USB or sound.

I am leaning towards Belkin but that's only since they appear to be most common...

Thanks

2. DaninTexas

DaninTexas OT Supporter

http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/ps2kvm4.html

I still have the 2 port version of this but I also had the 4 port. Both of them have never given me any problems. The only thing that is not good about them is they are demanding as far as space. Not because of size but because it would be better if all the cables were on the back. But I just throw it behind the monitor and forget it. I have tried alot of KVMs and always have problems with others - like Belkins - Netgear - But these just work. Linksys KVM FTW!

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I have an older 4-port D-Link KVM and it has worked perfectly for me. Belkins are also good, as are IOGear. Be careful because some cheaper brands/models can have problems with ghosting at higher screen resolutions. I would not get a unit, any brand, that used integrated cables. Other than that, make sure the cables you get for it are good quality to prevent any such issues. The cables are just as important as the KVM, more so if you are running them longer than 6ft.

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

We have a couple of Belkin OmniView KVM's here. Not exactly sure on the model number. The ones we have are 4-port and have a video/ps2 keyboard/ps2 mouse. Also has hot key port switching.

If you find a Belkin one you like, use coupon code 12345 for half off your order.

5. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

I like the Linksys KVM boxes. Its nice to be able to select the input you want rather than having to cycle through. I've had just as good of luck with Belkin units, I just wish you didnt have to cycle through the inputs.

6. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I've used Linksys's without problems.

7. skinjob

skinjob Active Member

8. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Link-cel on the low end, belkin in the middle, avocent on the high end. I have a 4 port Link-cel USB and it works just fine.