Suggestions for 6 1/2" speakers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Hooli Meat, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Hooli Meat

Hooli Meat i enjoy a nice set of boobs

2. 04

04 Guest

I would go with the Polk's.

I don't know what you define as good bass response though, but if you want pretty loud and deep bass, you will have to do extensive modifications to your doors, or add a sbuwoofer.

3. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

4. Hooli Meat

Yeah, I dont plan on getting a sub, amp or anything else extreme. I pretty much just want to swap out the front and rear speakers. I just meant good bass for a 6 1/2 speaker, which I know is not much but oh well. Would you all choose the Infinity's over the Polks for the extra 40 bucks?

5. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

I don't know about the JBL's but i installed the polk's in two different cars today (a 99 accord coupe and a 95 camry) and in both cars I must say I was amazingly disappointed in there bass responce and even in there mid bass response. The highs and upper half of midbass fequencies sounded really good, but. . .well I am just disappointed in them. You may want to look at the Polk/MOMO 6.5's in you have the money and the mounting depths. Also I would scrap any thought of the infinities. unless you are willing to amplify them to get decent midbass response, you will be just overwhelmed with highs by them.

6. twistid

:ugh: um we put them in many cars, and they sound great off just deck power.

7. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i wount buy form crutceild though
    way over priced

8. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

what series are you talking about? the reference the kappa's or the kappa perfects. I was refferring to the reference since those would be along the same price range as the polks that were suggested. Personally there wasn't any comparison to the polks. Really for the price range, i would look at the Audiobahn 6.5's they have relatively good response, but something about them just doesn't sit right with me.

9. twistid

those are references i was speaking of, they are very efficiant... and imo sound better than the kappa's.

10. Hooli Meat

Where would you all suggest buying from? I don't have a clue how to install so one reason I was going with crutchfield was for the guide, harness and all the other free stuff they give you.