Suggestions find a girl sober and be on a second date by friday?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, Mar 12, 2007.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

So my favorite band is playing this weekend. Im a big music fan so this is a huge deal for me. I thought i knew who I'd be going with but
    stuff happens

As it gets closer, i'm starting to think I'd really like someone new to go with... but I have no good options, and really havn't been that motivated untill i started to think about going by myself.

Now does it sound possible and reasonable to be one a second date with a cool girl by this friday? :noes:

I guess im curious if you guys think this is a sane endeavor or a bad idea.

and on a more practical note, how would you go about this? I completely suck at non-pickup enviroment cold calls.

Where do you non bar/clubscene people have good luck?

Any approach tips? In a bar you walk up and say hey, hows it going? and the girl knows exactly whats up... in the mall you get the "who the hell are you and what are you selling/want?" face. Ive never really figured out a consistent way of dealing with that.

ibthreadfailure

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I don't know....a 2nd date within a week is kind of too fast to take her to a concert, even though it is a fun date idea. Who says she'll even like the band?

3. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

If it's something she likes and would probably go to anyway, I think it's fair game.

4. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Why not try to meet a girl at the show?

Then you will already have something in common :)

I think trying to set a deadline on something like this is going to result in rushing and pushing, which with women is always a recipe for failure.

5. demosnat

demosnat New Member

You may want to bump concert up to first date.
    Meet a girl at a coffee shop..."Oh I see your reading blahblah i love that book"

6. anomalous

anomalous New Member

I'd go alone :o

7. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

DOT.

Why rush it anyway? Say you meet a girl, have a 1st date and ask her on the 2 and yall go to the show..but this 2nd date doesnt go so well. Now, you've not only had a shitty date, but you've had a shitty date at your favorite bands concert, and that would suck.

8. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Oh yes. Back when my ex-gf was trying to break up with me and I was too dense to realize it, I got us tickets to see Mark Knopfler. She acted bored and kinda bitchy the whole night and got into an argument with me during "Brothers In Arms."

Now I can't hear the song without remembering that shit. :mad:

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Keep it Simple

Look for indicators of interest from girls in the course of your everyday life.

When you detect interest, immediately and without hesitation walk over to where she is and start a conversation. Do not think about what to say before you start walking. The only thing you need to worry about is taking that first step towards her.

Get her phone number by requesting that she write it down for you. You should have a pen and paper handy at all times. Don't demand her number, but don't be a pussy and say "Can I please have your number?"

Hand her the paper and say "Write your number down."

If she responds with anything other than following your instructions, take the opportunity to be cocky and funny.

If you do this in your normal life regularly, you will find that you always have a group of prospects to invite on dates.

So when you call to make the invitation, you start with your first choice, and if she declines or makes an excuse you get off the phone and immediately call your second choice, and so on.

Its much easier to be successful when you take this approach, because you aren't dependent on one particular women. If the first girl is not available, you know odds are the second one will jump at the chance of a date with you.

Approaching is really easy if you don't overthink it. As soon as you detect her interest, go and talk to her.

Don't over analyze and don't worry about what you will say. You will figure it out in the moment.

The more you can separate your emotions from the outcome, the better you will do. Set your limit for failure. Decide that approaching is success, and not approaching is failure. So as long as you approach, you cannot fail.

Be skeptical. When you get interest, don't think "Does she like me?" Instead, think "Do I like her?"

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  10. dfnkt

dfnkt New Member

Why do you need to take her on the 2nd date, whats wrong with going to a concert on the 1st date? I realize that you may want to talk on the 1st date, but how long of a ride is it to the concert? Any way that you could extend the length of time it takes to get there (i.e- walk instead of drive, obviously not if its very far) so that you could have some conversation?

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

One good reason is because concert = excitement = greater chance for sex.

He probably doesn't want a girl to give it up on the first date, and if she likes him for a relationship, she will know not to fuck on the first date.

If she's into the band, the concert will get her very excited and this is more conducive to her getting sexually aroused.

12. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I am dying here. Ive been to the mall, the gym, the grocery store... I cant find anyone to even hit on. How can you strike out at the mall?!

I don't know how you guys that dont go to bars/clubs survive. Im so used to going out for 4 hours and being in a room with tons of girls all looking their best just waiting to socialize.

the reason i really don't want to take a girl to the show on a first date is because I don't want to be working on charming her. I want her already interested. I just want to put my arms around her and enjoy my favorite band. Id rather go by myself then have a girl thats going to turn into a liability.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

one thing ive always wondered is the pen and paper thing. In this day of cell phones, is there a reason behind the pen and paper? :dunno:

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I'm old school.

Do whatever works best for you.

15. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Just out of curiosity, whos playing and where? It's supposed to snow tomorrow :down: and like you, I meet girls at the bar. Friday nights are usually my night to meet women, but if its snowing, its gonna suck.

16. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

The Appleseed Cast :bowdown:
    surprisingly they are playing right in my hometown, poughkeepsie. which is a first. Its a super small venue so I am super pumped for an awesome intimate show.

if you like indie/ambient/post punk stuff check em out, or just check em out cause they are awesome. They have had a long career and almost all their albums have a very different sound to it. when i get home from work ill make a mix and host it.

http://myspace.com/theappleseedcast

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Aww, I love appleseed cast. However, I've literally met one other person in my town who even knows who they are....so I'm sure finding a girl who knew them (let alone liked them) would be tough, and even harder to find within a week

Just go alone. I've gone to tons of concerts like that alone. You will easily meet a bunch of other girls there who like the band already, and then you'll have something in common!

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

unfortunetly for me, I am definitely on the older end (27) for shows, so most of the chicks there make me feel like a pedophile, but here is to hoping :bigthumb:

19. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Not bad, but I wasn't really feeling it. Thats sweet though that they're playing a show locally... The Chance I'm guessing? I've been there once and that would certainly be a cool place to see a favorite band.

20. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

My friends and I all agreed that we're starting to feel old when we go out to New Paltz, and most of us are only 23-24! I think 50% of the people there are 18-20. We made a trip down to Nyack last weekend and it was pretty damn good :bigthumb: How is Poughkeepsie? I always hear people talk about the Mad Hatter(I think thats what its called)

21. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

My .02 is don't do something if you feel pressure to create the perfect evening or if you ever get a sense of forcing things to occur (not being aggressive, but putting all your energy into pushing things to match that dream evening you had in your mind). In those situations, folks tend to make bad decisions, are often unpleasant to be around, and don't enjoy themselves that much anyway.

Ask the girl out if that is something that you would do anyway, but otherwise I'd say go stag and just enjoy the band.

22. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

poughkeepsie is doing great right now. We just got shadows which is an large upscale resturant/lounge kinda place which is doing good things.

hatter is alright. I used to go there a lot. there is always a crowd, but its kinda a younger crowd. if you decide to go, make sure its during good weather + college in session, cause the back patio is the best part. thurs and sat are good there. tuesday isnt bad sometimes. it will pretty much be p&g's marist style. (bit more preppy then new paltz)

mahoneys is pretty much the most solid bet. large dancefloor, always a big crowd on saturdays. only problem is the live band that plays till 1:30ish, then the DJ comes on.

both mahoneys and shadows are good choices once the 18 year olds start to look a little shadey.

too bad you missed out on toucans which was the best bar around.. hottest girls, raunchiest, dirtiest, cheapest, most packed, best ever. closed down :(

we also have the aegean/intrique which pretty much the only option around here for "clubbing" rather then bar + dj kinda deal.

Whats down in nyack?

23. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Mahoneys is what I was thinking of. The Ms confused me :) I'll have to check out Mahoney's and Shadows. I'm really not a big fan of the 'P&Gs' style places... too loud to talk and too packed to move. I enjoy Blue Martini and Torches at the waterfront in the summer... its relaxing. Nyack has a nice strip of bars. We stayed at The Black Bear the whole time since it was raining Saturday night and didn't feel like walking around, but it was a nice sized place(2 levels) that got PACKED with hot women.

24. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

torches > shadows, but its brand new so its popular check it out. its an early saturday night place. (11-1am) then head down the street to mahoneys.

25. ajacobs

ajacobs New Member

appleseed cast > *. That's a great band for a date too; pretty chill and relaxing as long as they don't start playing too many depressing songs from Two Conversations.