suggestion for prepaid wireless?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bboymouse, Aug 2, 2004.

1. bboymouse

bboymouse hip hop head

my mom decided that she wants to get a cell phone...she will rarely use it, only for emergencies, so she wants to get a prepaid one instead of wasting all that money...she came to me with a few brochures and asked which one she should get...i have no idea about any of these things--i just have my verizon and love it...this is what she gave me:

tracfone--never heard of it so no idea
    virgin mobile--uses sprints network so doesnt look too bad
    att--service is so/so here but i switched to verizon 2 years ago cuz i liked it better...but it looks like u pay out the ass for "roaming" which ive never had with a contract wireless phone but looks like they do it with these prepaid ones
    t-mobile--coverage area map doesnt look so great and it looks like they try to charge u more whenever possible

these are the only ones she gave me to look over...anyone know any others to look into (im not sure if verizon does this prepaid thing)...does anyone have any experience with this shit...know which ones are decent? id appreciate any info...thanks

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

at&t go phones are the only prepaid that have unlimited nights and weekends
    t-mobile has some cheap prepaid card rates

thats the only two i know about

3. strubbe

strubbe New Member

T-Mobile.

Coverage is actually pretty good, plus there's a deal going on now where the minutes last a year as opposed to 30 days/90 days etc. $250 worth of cards makes you eligible for "Gold Rewards" where you get more minutes per card for the same price.