A&P Suggest Camera for gf please.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MrBlonde, Nov 26, 2004.

1. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

My Girlfriend is now in the navy and will be home around the holidays, before she left she had taken me with her to walmart at one time to look for a nice film camera...I've then since forgot what she was looking at purchasing and would like suggestions for a decent film camera for her....I don't think she was looking for anything too fancy or expensive.

If anyone could give me suggestions and an idea of what to look for I'de appreciate it. Also...what dollar amount can a decent camera be picked up for and are there any cameras that are good to "add onto" like I get the camera and she can later purchase her own upgraded lens and stuff...she has more money that me but i dont know what else to get her :o

2. dmora

dmora Guest

why get film? Does she have a laptop? Get a digicam.

3. lilelfnuts

lilelfnuts New Member

get a nice cannon powershot a80 or somthing similiar, they take awesome pics

4. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

For a good film SLR camera, an N80 coupled with a nikkor 50mm F1.8 lense would make a good gift. The body costs around $300 after rebate and the lense goes for about $100.

5. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

I thought of that but she's very artsy and likes taking real photos or whatever...i'm ptobaly not going to go with this idea anyway.