SRS Suffering

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Takitome, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Takitome

Takitome New Member

I watched this movie late last night and there was something one of the guys said there that I felt was true and inspiring.

This teenager was venting, saying how much he hated his life, that he wished he could skip school and start his life without all the bullshit.

Then his uncle tells him that he need suffering in his life. Your school years are your prime suffering years he says.. It develops you into who you are and helps you cope better when bad things happen.

The things you go through, failures, bad relationships, misery, deaths... sorrow. Looking back at it I'm glad it happened. I wouldn't be the person I am now without any of it and I wouldn't have it any other way. It puts things in perspective and make the good things that happen so much better when it does and shrug the bad things that happen right off you. It makes you stronger in everyway. Experiences like this can have valuable lessons to teach. Lessons no book can ever teach anyone else.

I had this on my mind all morning and felt like saying it.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Thank you for posting this. I really appreciate you sharing this with the rest of us.

If I might ask, what movie is it from?

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yep, Little Miss Sunshine is a great movie, and that is a terrific scene with a good point.

4. Barky

Barky woof

by the way: that's a very Christian theme I very much believe in. That movie was great (I had an intellectual affair with Nietzsche as well)