Success does not = Girls

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BradUF, Apr 10, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Everyone says don't worry about girls, just worry about your self and everything will fall it to place. All I have been doing is worrying about my self. I am losing weight at last, about 1.5 pounds every 2 weeks, nothing killer but none the less my weight will be gone. I have focus on school hardcore I am taking overload to get an AS in Networking and a BA in Engineering at UF. I even started taking my ADD meds again which I have been against since I was six but who cares if I have side effects, the only grade I will get for the next 2 years will be an A. I dunno, maybe I have to give this a while but it seems like I just end up spending all my time studying non stop. Maybe I have to wait until I am out of college. I am wearing out quickly getting up at 7am for class 5 days a week.

2. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

I would tend to agree, but you should still go out and have fun whenever you can.

I've had this thought process for the past few weeks -- focus on #1, you. I don't mean in that in an arrogant type of way, but focus on what is important to you.

I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 3+ years (for probably the third time), she continually didn't know what she wanted out of the relationship and I felt as though I wasn't getting what I needed and wanted out of the relationship anymore. So, I came to the conclusion we should probably part ways.

As for my story, I recently bought a house on my own and received a promotion. I'd say I'm fairly successful and I've worked for what I have. You do not need a woman to make you happy, only you can make yourself happy.

All I would say is, be mindful and keep your head on straight -- but DO NOT pass up an opportunity with a great woman.

3. awdboost

awdboost New Member

Everyone says that because thats what usually happens. I was doing something like you were doing, but I was going out with my friends whenever I had the chance. Eventually one day I was working and met this girl. We clicked instantly, and 3 months after that we started dating. We're now 1 1/2 and counting. :)

Before that I was always looking for a girl, never finding someone I wanted. Then I stopped worrying about it so much then she showed up in my life. :wiggle:

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

What are you talking about you don't worry abnout girls? You ask us about how to get girls here all the time and just told us the other day that you were determined to get a number from girls at a party...The reason that phrase tends to work for people is because they completely put their thoughts of the opposite sex out of their mind and don't worry or think at all about when they are going to meet their next girl.

You talk as if you've been improving yourself for the last 3 months and are going "ok....where are all the girls?" You need to not think like that because I still don't even think you are truly over your ex, which is important for you to do before you seek out some new LTR

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I am not looking for a LTR at all I don't want another one for a long time. I just want to date another girl that just wants to have fun and not have to worry about anything.
    The way I think is if one year goes by and nothing changes then what stops the other years from going by and nothing happens.
    I have been improving my self. Like I said my grades are up and I have lost weight and I also have more goals in life.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  6. fray

fray New Member

I have to agree with Lady G here. Also, I don't think that bettering yourself necessarily means running yourself into the ground, or not enjoying yourself either. I applaud you for trying to get shit done and getting where you want to be, but don't over do it and push it thinking that it's going to speed up whatever process you're trying to accomplish mentally.

And just to reinforce, not looking for a girl != trying really hard not to think about girls while still kinda thinking about girls. It's actually a mental accomplishment where at some point you truly don't care anymore. I think that's the point.

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

worry about yourself also means that you have to learn the social skills you want to have.

when people say dont worry about girls what they mean is "dont actively chase one, but be social and meet a lot , staying indifferent to the outcome"

8. awdboost

awdboost New Member

^^^ Sum it up the best

9. Pringles

Pringles New Member

seriously what I thought. You cant say you want them out of your mind or life and say your doing it by only talking about how've you become successful and now you expect them to pour into your life.you my friend are on the end of a losing battle. Quit being in dienal and admit your weaknesses.

10. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

and the most important Do not settle on a woman.... Go for the gold the bronze and ribbons will come and go but the gold is the one you will cherish your whole life.

11. low20

low20 Member

whoever said things would fall into place was full of shit....NOTHING that you want will happen unless you put effort into it.....end of story. if you spend all your time locked up in your room studying, you think the perfect girl is gonna just fall into place? no....you want a chick and A's at the same time then learn to manage your time and focus on both..if you want the girl, tell yourself that everyday, that you want the girl...if you want the A's, tell yourself that every day. by doing that you will subconsciously make decisions that will bring you closer to both until you have achieved them

12. demosnat

demosnat New Member

thats how it is for most students i believe. def that way for me.

13. NCS

NCS Active Member

it just gets worse. i have a 40hour/week job plus 1 hour commute each way. that leaves very little time for hobbies/social stuff, especially when you have a lot of both

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

No, its not most students only go to class 3 days a week. Especially for the first two years. Thats the way normal class load is set up. MWF or two days a week with longer classes. It doesn't really matter I like school for a change. I used to hate it and I only used to do it because its just what you do.

I have always had a hard time being superman. Some of these guys that can party all night and get A's all day. It wear me out, I go home and go to sleep at like 10pm every night because I am tired from spending hours at school. Im sitting at school right now writing a paper.
    I think that will all change these ADD pills give me a ton of energy to keep going and they make it wear I can't sleep.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  15. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Me too man. I got to school every day, i have a hard fucking major. I go to bed by 11 every night.

16. dazmanultra

dazmanultra New Member

If you have something bigger in your life than girls and chasing women, then that is a very sexy thing.

You should be doing fun, interesting things. Meeting new people. Bettering yourself. Improving your career. Keeping fit and looking after your appearance.

That makes you a cool, driven person. People like that are attractive, whether they have game or not. Put the two together though, and you're quite the package.

17. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Demostat don't you hate the last 3 weeks of school? It is fucking killer.. One of my finals is at 8am on a fucking SAT!!!

18. lauren

lauren Active Member

are you doing anything fun? :hs:

19. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Parties..

[​IMG]

I lack hobbies that require me to interact with other people. I don't even have a study group for school.. Not sure really were to sign up fro this stuff...

20. lauren

lauren Active Member

my study groups came from major-related clubs, and to a certain extent class. id find myself in neb and there would be someone else from the same class, and we'd just work together. :dunno:

21. BradUF

BradUF Guest

What I really want to do is rowing but I can't find anywhere to get into that.

22. lauren

lauren Active Member

gimme a day or two, i might be able to point you in the right direction :o

23. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Kick ass. I might be around guys all the time but I always wanted to do that but my school didn't offer it.

24. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Yeah, I hate it.

25. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I think a better thread title would have been:

"Girls do not equal success"

This is a lesson I've been learning. My massive ego makes it difficult at times, but just because some women want me, does not mean I am successful. And I have to stay on my toes to avoid falling into my old patterns.

Its just like on the Cosby show when one of the daughters was dating the smart-ass know it-all. Cliff brought up grades and the smart-ass says he doesn't believe in grades. Theo chimes in and agrees then Cliff chides him because Theo doesn't actually make good grades, whereas the smart-ass makes straight A's.

The smart-ass accomplishes the goal, then looks back and says that the grades themself are meaningless. In this case I think its true.

First you have to take the journey and learn how to successfully date women, then you can get to the point where you realize this is not true success in life, but only a part.