Subwoofer connection

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CoNfUzEd ChIlD, Dec 30, 2001.

1. I just bought a HT sub-woofer (I got it really cheap during boxing day). The problem is that my reciever doesn't have a dedicated sub out connection.

On the back of the sub it has a standard RCA input and a right/left speaker in/out connection. Is there any possibilty of me using an RCA type of connection? And if I do use the speaker in/out connection; is that dangerous in anyway?

2. MyBigNut

MyBigNut www.trymynuts.com

IBLOUDSYSTEM

3. importspeed

importspeed New Member

I don't know of ANY adapter like that. Most people run their sub speaker level if they don't have an RCA in on the rear of their HT reciever. I would say get a new sub.

4. ImBad

ImBad blah blah

Connect from main left and right out on receiver to left and right in on the sub. Then go from left and right out on the sub to the main speakers.
    On the receiver you will need to set the main speakers as large and set the sub option to no. (this varies between different receivers) This will send the low frequency sound to the mains which also goes through the sub now.

If your receiver doesn't have a RCA sub out, you can't use an RCA connection.