subsidy password?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SteveO, Sep 16, 2005.

1. SteveO

SteveO Guest

I just got a motorola v220 off ebay, and it's asking for a subsidy password

anyone know what this is and where it's found?

2. oakie

oakie my ninja.

the phone is locked to a carrier... and the sim card you have is for a carrier the phone is not locked to.

so... you need to get that fone unlocked, either by getting the subsidy password from the service provider the phone came from (not likely), or paying $20-30 to some schmo who has password access or a clip.

but there is a third way... by flashing the memory with a monster pack that has an unlocked flex, bootloader that will boot that flex, and flash file to display the original motorola branded icons and menus.

who's your current service provider?

3. oakie

oakie my ninja.

just dont start trying to guess the password... after 3 tries, the phone will eat the data on your SIM in some cases. at the least, it will lockout the phone and have to be flashed just to operate.

4. SteveO

SteveO Guest

got it all working, thanks... had to flash it and then run some program, all good now

5. SteveO

SteveO Guest

well maybe someone could help me upload the pictures from my phone to the hd, any ideas?

6. oakie

oakie my ninja.

use the same data cable you used to unlock the phone. you'll need software like Motorola Phone Tools or the like.