Subs/Speakers for a truck.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

What type of subs do you recommend for a truck. The seats are staying in so It needs to be 10". The truck is a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500.

I've heard that different component speakers sound differently. I have focals in my car which are very bright. If I was looking for quality component speakers for the truck with a bit less edge in the them what would I look for?

2. 04

04 Guest

How much do you want to spend?

Yes, different component speakers can sound differently. How do you have your Focal's mounted now? If they are pointed directly at you, you might want to try placing them off axis a bit and see if that alliviates the problem. Also, if the crossovers allow different tweeter attenuation modes, try that too.

3. BlkX

BlkX New Member

Got any pics of the place where the subs are gonna go? I know in my buddy's truck space is real tight and he had a limited choice of 10" subs to choose from because of the mounting depth.

As far as finding something a little more laid back than the Focals...that'll be just about anything from what i've heard :). I've never heard a set of Focals personally, but there are alot of people who can't take the harshness of the tweet.

I'd look into something from Morel or Rainbow if you have some cash to blow, or CDT and the JL XR series if you wanna keep it cheaper.

4. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

He spat out 5K last time we talked. I nearly shat myself.

The crossovers don't allow any other modes. I have them mounted pointing right at me. I might be able to point them down or up without much problem. To turn the speakers further forward or back would be a little more in depth. Which should I try?

The back seat of the truck is tight. There is an area behind the center counsul that I would guess would be 10" by 10". I'm guessing but I doubt it's much bigger than that. Would an 8" woofer work? As far as mounting the sub under the seat I see no possibility. There is only 5" max from floor to seat. I can imagine building a box for it but I doubt it sounding good.

5. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

I am assuming (since i am just going on memory here) that you aren't going to go with 6x9's in the doors? if not depending on much you want to spend i would say focal, cdt, diamond, and jl would be up there, and as a personal chioce polk/momo's

EDIT: n/m i would be better off carefully reading :slap: