subs + amp for around 600$

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Alenon12, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Alenon12

Alenon12 Save the cheerleader....save the world

Which is about 400$ less than my components cost. Im the type of person that prefers SQ over SL. I'd rather be able to hear the lyrics from 2 blocks away than to feel it from 2 blocks away. However i do like both ;)

I was using some MTX 8000's but they were way too sloppy for my style of music. I listen to mostly techno and punk so its fast passed and with my old MTX's they were always late on the punch or missing the faster paced punches. My friend had an elemental design 15 and i couldnt belive the tightness of it so i may go with 2 12's of them. Im going to be using an enclosed box with seperate compartments for each sub about 1-1.2 cubic feet per side.

Im leaning towards the elemental designs however wanted to get input on some other subs or amps that i could get for around this price. I had a mtx 6500D amp that was pretty nice long as the subs dont require too much RMS. Personally my 8000's required way too much RMS for what they were worth considering ive seen plenty of subs that required half the power and sounded just as good if not better.

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

look at image dynamics

and im sure others in this thread will offer other suggestions as well

PS why seperate the sub enclosures?

3. Alenon12

the box i bought just happened to come with a divider.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

sealed Diamond D6

5. Ronin

Ronin Guest

my brother uses diamond subs (i think TDXs) and he likes them a lot, theyre in a big f250/350 forget which

6. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

steer clear of eD. How much bass are you looking for. A sound splinter Rl-P 15 and a good 1000w amp would do nice.

7. Alenon12

Problem is for a good 1000w amp im exceeding my spending limit. I dont want to go over $700 shipped for the subs + amp

Im going to stick with 2 12's as i already have a box for em, saves me 100$ there.

8. GammaRadiation

You can get a decent 15 or pair of 12's for 300 shipped and a good 1000w amp for 300 shipped.

9. GammaRadiation

10. Alenon12

not a big fan of ordering anything off of parts express. Unfamiliar with any of those brands minus kicker of course.

11. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

those subs are soo damn big!

12. GammaRadiation

What's wrong with PE? They have great customer service and good prices. Dayton is more of an HT company but thoes drivers have gotten great reviews in the car audio realm and fit your budget well. Hifonics is a great budget amp company IMO. It is made my Maxxsonics who also makes Autotek, Crunch, and MBquart. Though each of thoes companies targets a differnt area. Hifonic's lower lines are focused on budget power and their upper lines are for SPL.

I've used the old BX 1200, the new BX 1200 and the BXi2006 along with the old and new Zeus 4 channels and all where great amps and never had a single problem. Efficent too.

13. JohnAG

JohnAG OT Supporter

I've never had any trouble with ed, infact I just preordered a 13av2, as well as a couple sets of their 2 sets of their 6500 components... I'd say go with the one 13av2 and a nine.1, that sub is gonna be :bowdown:

14. JohnAG

JohnAG OT Supporter

Why? I've had nohting but good luck with them. I've had 2 16kv2s, and 4 13kv2, as well as a nine2 amp. All have been great, I just always get the upgrade itch... Plus the 13kv2s are in a home theater sub now, and sound beautiful. I can't wait to get my 13av2 and see how that works out, for the price you can't go wrong with ED.