SRS Suboxone

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Cawk Man, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Cawk Man

Cawk Man Guest

I consider it a miracle drug.

2 months today clean.

Used to have a $200 a day heroin habit.

Got on suboxone and didn't even go thru withdrawls.

Also, I don't ever have cravings which is amazing in itself.

It also blocks any other opiate if you do any while having taken suboxone in the past 24 hours.

Which I think is awesome because if something comes up at a party or where ever..I know I wont feel it, so I just pass it up.

If you are an opiate addict, your friend, sibling, parent..whatever. Suggest suboxone. It worked on me and I was on my way into a grave..like literally.

I did too much one night and my gf found be blue, not breathing, and no pulse on the bathroom floor. I was dead.

Th doctor at the hospital said that h was surprised that they brought m back to life. From the way I looked when I came in he said he thought, "better call the morgue."

So yeah..thank the Lord, Suboxone, my family, and the doctors who brought me back to life at the ER.

P.S. One of the nurses said when they were trying to resuscitate me, she thought of the scene in Pulp Fiction because they had to stab my heart with one of the huge shots of adrenalin. :mamoru:

Thanks for listening.

2. Pepe

Pepe New Member

damn man that is some crazy shit but i am glad to hear you are ok.

just out of curiosity, how did you afford a $200 per day addiction to heroin?

3. JamesL

JamesL wat

Yes, for someone shooting a gram or more of dope a day, Suboxone can be a miracle drug. Then, so can Methadone.

But, it is not for everyone. Im going to requote myself again:

4. HeatherinWC

HeatherinWC New Member

Does this stuff help Meth addicts too?

5. Eurostaunch

Eurostaunch New Member

It is only meant for those with a heavy opioid dependency. It doesn't cause euphoria so it would just make a meth addicts even more tired.

6. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

Definitely not true. Any opiate can cause euphoria. And being on suboxone is not totally being clean. It is a good step though. Personally, I thought getting clean and sober was a piece of cake when I was on suboxone, that actually was far from the case I later found out. This post isn't meant to flame you, just some personal experiences I've had throughout my heroin addiction.

7. WildwoodOne

WildwoodOne New Member

And I loved being on suboxone also but the withdrawal when you decide to stop the sub is waayyyyyy worse than any opiate withdrawal. Felt shitty for several weeks verses several days of opiate withdrawal. When you do decide to get clean off the sub make sure you slowly decrease the dose to just a crumb before you jump.

8. SohCahToa

SohCahToa Active Member

im on day 4 of heroin withdrawal. i was shooting a couple bags a day and i decided to stop cold turkey. well actually i went to a detox but left the next day but thats besides the point. the only thing i am taking is ambien every now and then to try and sleep but it doesnt seem to be working that well. anyway, back to the point of this. everyone keeps telling me to get on the suboxone but a buddy of mine's step-dad is on suboxone and said not to. all you are doing is replacing one habit with another and he also said it was worse than coming off the oxy's that he was on. he compared it to trying to get off methadone which i heard is ruthless. well, not as intense but for 3x the length. just thought i'd get in.

9. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

are you detoxing alone? There's some tricks to it.

10. SohCahToa

SohCahToa Active Member

yeah

11. JamesL

JamesL wat

Of course Suboxone and Methadone take longer to detox from... they are longer acting opioid drugs. As such, the withdrawal symptoms are less intense (as the drug takes a longer time to dissociate from the opioid receptors) but last for much longer (as the drug takes a longer time to dissociate...). The converse is true for opioids that have a very short duration of action, such as Fentanyl or Dilaudid.

The key to using either of these maintenance drugs effectively is to stabilize yourself, and then begin detoxing when you are ready. The detox process will be very long and drawn out, but if you decrease the dosage gradually, it should not be difficult. Yeah, if you jump off 4mg Suboxone/day or 40-50mg Methadone/day, you are going to be in a world of hurt for a solid month. You are going to end up thinking how much easier it would of been to just w/d from the dope or oxy or whatever.

The benefits of these longer acting maintenance drugs are that you only have to dose once a day... so you can take your drugs, then carry on and live a relatively normal life. With dope, doing 3-4 shots per day is a lot of work! And god forbid you miss a shot...

Anyway, if you use the Suboxone wisely, it can be a very beneficial aid to your recovery. Just as Methadone can. I would argue against the comments that you are "repalcing one addiction for another", and would say that you are simply "replacing one dependency with another". Yes, you are still dependent on an opioid drug... but I don't know anyone who is up at 530am scratching at the door to the Methadone clinic, clucking like a junky who needs their next fix(unless they are being undermedicated). Use the Suboxone/whatever to stabilize yourself until you reach the point where you are ready to live a life free of opiates.

12. mizugsy

mizugsy hi!

:bowdown::bowdown: This man is SPOT-ON. It's nice to see someone that doesn't have his head up his ass when speaking on this subject. :h5:

13. Sooka

Sooka New Member

If you're already on day 4 of your withdrawals then you shouldn't bother with suboxone. You're a day or two away from feeling physically normal again and suboxone would just prolong things. Now if you relapse and get back on it again then suboxone would be a good route to take but you shouldn't even think about that right now.

14. HighLife

HighLife New Member

anyone know any tricks/tips to making the withdrawls not so bad? I know nothing can fix them but I am shitting liquid cant sleep and feel weak as shit. I can barely work. I havent taken any pills for 48 hours

15. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

hot showers, advil pm and imodium

16. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

I'm curious as to what everyone's feelings are about using marijuana as a coping mechanism for opiate withdrawl. In other words, to help with the nausea, loss of apetite, and sleeping issues on top of giving the addict the psychological satisfaction of doing some sort of drug.

If anyone smoked while they were quitting and had tried quitting before, how helpful was it?

17. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

don't do it again?

18. HighLife

HighLife New Member

Obviously. I was speaking more on the terms of dealing with the symptoms until they lighten and eventually go away. I won't be using again. This has taken up 6 years of my life

19. chaggot

chaggot New Member

Took me 15 months from the day I got on methadone to the day I was off it. I had a bad pill habit (oxycodone/hydrocodone) for 3 years before getting help. Starting at the methadone clinic definitely saved my life. I went up to 40 mg of methadone a day for several months then slowly decreased my dose by 1 mg per week. I figure I could have done it a little faster, but I didn't want to take any chances with a relapse. At no point during my decrease did I feel any withdrawal symptons or any ill feelings. There was one week though when I was at around 4-6 mg of methadone per day that I think my dose was messed up and I received a weeks supply of a smaller dose, maybe 1-2 mg. That week was just as bad for me as trying to initially get off the pills. I had terrible withdrawal symptoms and was miserable all week.

Point is...methadone works if you do it right. I know of other people who went to a clinic and thought they could be clean in a few weeks/months. Personally, I saw no reason to rush the rehab, this was a life and death choice to get clean afterall.

Good luck and remember that there is no quick fix to getting clean, you've got to be patient.

20. Priapus

Priapus Banned

21. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

You need to be really f*cking careful with Subozone, it shouldnt be used for anything aside from extreme situations. The WD's can be so bad and last so long.

Do whatever you may but keep this warning in the back of your mind. Do a google search for Suboxone WD's and you'll likely want to at least chance the WD's from the opiate itself.

Suboxone is a very specific drug with a very specific purpose, it is not the quick fix end all; the WD's can make you want to get back on the drug you were trying to come off just to ease the pain. Save your vacation time and take it all at once, pack your house with liquid food, take vitamins......whatever, just do a google search and dont think that the 1000 warnings are there just to scare you, they are there to warn you.

Be careful and take care.

22. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

Take stuff you would normally take for the flu, I know people who use Theraflu for cold sweats, muscle aches and whatnot. Use Imodium for your stomach along with some Alka Seltzer. Use sleeping pills to keep yourself asleep at night. Use St John's Wort to calm your nerves. Buy alot of Ensure shakes to keep your calories and carbs up there.

You wont be able to work for 4-7 days but if you dont have vacation time you'll need to make the best of things and just force your body to sleep once you walk through the door, take vitamins and drink Ensure to give your body something to fuel itself.

It's very tough but possible.

CBFryman - Just dont do it. Even if it helps your showing yourself (at least mentally) that a drug can offset the pain of getting off another drug. Whatever, pot may not be a real drug but at this point in America it is illegal and will cause professional trouble with work etc... It's better to prove to yourself that you can do it on your own. Not to mention it doesnt really help whatsoever.

23. Uncle Ruckus

Uncle Ruckus hey y'all

Everyone I know that quit dope easy with suboxone only took it for a week or so. After that amount of time, most all of the physical side of the withdrawls is usually gone, you just have to deal with craving to get high for the fun of it or whatever.

4 people I know went to the doctor and started with a month's worth. 6 to 14 months later, respectively, and only 1 of them is now not a suboxone addict.

It's completely awesome shit, if you are careful.

And to the dude that said subs are not for oxy addicts... Come on man, srsly. Oxy is designed to work well and target pain. it is extremely addictive, mostly because of how well it was formulated. I believe... that is, I'm not saying it's a fact, but I and some professionals I have heard think oxy can possibly be more addictive than heroin. Of course dosage is a consideration, someone who just throws back a couple percs a day probably doesn't need suboxone. But you also have to consider how long they been taking em. After a couple years, the body gets real used to those couple percs a day.

24. Josey

Josey New Member

Sub was the worst thing I ever did. It got me higher than the fuckin pills. I'm glad I was only on it about 2weeks and decided to stop that shit.

Treatment and aa/na have kept me clean. 6mos the 3rd of next month.

25. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

You'll come to find that when it comes to irrational laws, the justice system can suck my cock.