subcompact cars

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RepoMan, Mar 12, 2009.

1. RepoMan

RepoMan New Member

Hello folks,

Do you gunys think that small cars like Ford Fiesta, Ford Ka, Chevy Cobalt, Matiz,etc. have a future in the US?

If yes, what US brands (with model name) do you know who already are popular in the US and what cars do you think will be liked in the near future?

Plase only brands who sale cars in the US so its good for the US economy. No foreign brands.

Repo Man

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. amac88

amac88 New Member

The Cobalt is by far the most popular one, my girlfriend drives one and I see em every day.

3. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

The Matiz and the Ka might be a bit too small and low end, but, I think the Fiesta will do well when it comes here.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I see Cobalts, Smart ForTwos, and Honda Fits all over the place up here.

There's this one old guy with a crazy beard who regularly passes me on the highway in his Smart ForTwo. That shit would scare me to death. I got my Passat up to 145mph a couple of times, but that was on a deserted road in the middle of a bright sunny day, not on a packed highway in the rain during morning commute.

5. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

You are saying that you have seen a smart car do 145? How? Are you sure you didn't just make that up?

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

No no, it's doing 80. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. The point is that thinking about doing 80 on a crowded wet highway in a Smart car scares me more than actually doing 145 in a Passat on an empty dry highway.