Subaru SVX

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Tof-Corey, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Tof-Corey

Tof-Corey OT Supporter

I bought a 1992 Subaru SVX about 6 months ago. I got a great deal on it and it was in good condition aside from some minor cosmetic blemishes. Just within the past few days I have noticed "clicking" from a front CV Boot going out, I have noticed a very slow coolant leak and some moisture on the passenger footwell which is, I am guessing, a heater core problem. I also do not know when the timing belt was last replaced, and it is a high mileage car, as it has 124,XXX miles. I also just put $600 dollars in for new tires. Now I'm debating should I try to sell this car for about $3000-$3500, or should I spend all the money I have on repairing it. I am really debating selling it and having about $4000-4500 for a new car. If I were to buy a new car, I would want it to be morel ike my previous car- miata, MR2, CRX. Any advice on what I should do with the car, or any other cars that can be had in that price range. Thanks.

2. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

check the a/c condensor drain line, that may be one problem that is easy to fix.

Really though, my friend had an SVX and while it was a neat car it was a nightmare in terms of maintaining it. There was always something wrong with it, transmission problems were the worst. 3 transmission replacements in the 4-5 years he had it.

3. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

if you don't want it send it down my way. i'd love to get an SVX but they're hard to come by.

4. Rage

Rage OT Supporter

yep the car was far too heavy for the tranny in it...

5. Dominus

Dominus New Member

Yes. What can I cut off to make it lighter?

6. Barry'z (NJ)

Barry'z (NJ) New Member

Get good SVX info here > http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php