COMIC sub services

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by MCWarhammer, Nov 7, 2006.

1. MCWarhammer

MCWarhammer New Member

So, I've been thinking about changing my sub service to an online vendor instead of my local shop. Midtown seems to be the one I'm leaning towards, what does every one else recommend?

2. axio

axio New Member

Support your local shops first, use online to get stuff they can't. :)

3. MCWarhammer

MCWarhammer New Member

yea, but sometimes they run out of stuff or forget some of my issues.. it gets annoying at times. I hate finding stuff on the shelves thats hould be in my subs, heh

4. owenstar

owenstar New Member

Switch stores?

Espcially when online you arent saving a ton...I like supporting the local guy unless I can save 20+ on an order (mostly ccg's)

5. MCWarhammer

MCWarhammer New Member

It's the only shop in my area, everything else is at least 30 min away.

6. void

void oh yeah?

midtown BLOWS! i've ordered through them twice and they've messed up both orders. first one they only messed up on one book, so i let it slide. second order screwed up three different things then what i ordered. i e-mailed them and told them they sent me a bunch of comic bags instead of boards, they said sorry we'll get the order right out. that was october 13th and i haven't hear shit from those guys.

fuck midtown.

7. MCWarhammer

MCWarhammer New Member

oh thats lame, I've never ordered from them before, I have ordered from mycomicshop.com and they've been spot on. But they're sub service seems a bit odd

8. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

I used to have my LCS fuck up my pull. Hell, they fucked it up every damn week. But you know what? I was loyal to them and they knew it. I became their friend in time. So what did they do about it? They bent over backwards to fix the mistake. There was only 1 instance where they weren't able to do anything, but it was also my fault for not getting Ghost Rider: Road to Damnation put on my pull list. So I had to go to another LCS to grab the variant. But other than that, they always took care of me. One example was giving me a $10 variant of Marvel Zombies #1 at cover. How sweet. I never cared for prices before though :hsugh: