sub problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SmokeDog420, May 31, 2007.

1. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

SO I have one of these in my 6.1 set up. http://www.abtelectronics.com/scripts/site/site_product.php3?source=froogle&id=25436

A couple weeks ago I noticed a big hit in preformance.. well, I blew the built in amp some how.. didnt really push it at all.. anyways the thing says it has a 5 year warenteeeee.... BS.. The only thing thats covered for 5 years in the sub, not new parts for the amp.. TO fix it they said it would be a couple hundred bucks whch is way to much for a shitty little amp. This was the only thing I purchased with best buy that I didnt get civerage for.. was talked out of it since it had that 5 year factory.

I never used it to push any other speakers.. does anyone know of a amp I may be able to swap out for the one thats no longer working? Or maybe just an external amp I could mount on it? Heck I even was trying to think of a way to use my 2 10" subs I have in my car with amp.. .. anything.. not have bass in my system is getting to me.

2. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

3. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

thanks for all the helpful suggestions. Its a good thing IM an expert at this stuff or I might need some advice. /end sarcasm

4. mcginnis88

mcginnis88 New Member

did you check Klipsch website for warrenty info or is that just what best buy is telling you

5. mcginnis88

mcginnis88 New Member

Never mind I looked for myself
    During the Warranty period, KLIPSCH will repair or replace (at KLIPSCH's option) this product or any defective parts (excluding electronics and amplifiers).

6. mcginnis88

mcginnis88 New Member

you can use you car subs and amp you just need to have a 110v to 12v transformer.

7. mcginnis88

mcginnis88 New Member

by the way did you check the fuse in the sub amp?

8. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

First of all thanks for the help.

I have checked the fuse and it was ok. BB sent it off for repairs to one of thier repair shops, not back to the factory/ I believe it was klipsch that told the tech that was working on it that it wasnt covered. Anyways, do you think I should bug klipsch about it and see if that helps me?

anyways thanks for the responces

Oh and I just did a search on that transformer.. I think it might be cheaper just to by a new sub, those things are expensive. lol

9. mcginnis88

mcginnis88 New Member

It never hurts to bug the company about stuff like this. The squeeky wheel gets the grease!