sub problem please help!!!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gerg, May 23, 2005.

1. gerg

gerg Guest

hey guys!!
    i just hooked up my subs...... again with a new amp but im still having same problems. i have 2 12" pioneers and a ultralinear amp. the amp is 1200 watt max and 400 watt at 4 ohms. im pretty sure my subs run at 4 ohms. the problem is they move alot but make almost no sound!!. when i unplug one of them it sounds much better. any ideas?

2. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

Do you have them wired correctly?

3. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

btw, most pioneers are 4 ohm subs, so depending on how you wired it, it will run at 8ohms bridged, 2ohms bridged or 4 ohm stereo. Either way, you are not getting the optimal power out of that amp, I wouldn't run it at 2 ohms because it probably isn't 2 ohm stable when bridged.

4. gerg

gerg Guest

hmmmm, im pretty sure its wired correctly, my friend did most of the wireing for me, whar kind of wireing technique do you think would be the best?, the subs were on clearence for 25$ each, yes i know shame on me, but would it just be easire for me to go out and buy some 2 ohm subs??
    ps. if it wasnt wired correctly, what would it be that isnt wired correctly, subs or amp? or either

5. nobusiness

nobusiness New Member

uh...are they in a box?

either that or reversed polarity on one of the subs. reversed polarity = wave cancellation = very little sound.