sub isn't working

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LaJoo, Nov 8, 2004.

1. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

I have a ls430 with a jl 1000/1 and a 15 brahma. I disconnected and took out the 8 inch woofer in the rear deck for more flow through the trunk. now my sub isn't working. the car stopped working too. I checked all the fuses, and it didn't look like anything was wrong with them, so I put them back in, and the car started up fine. I was able to hear just a tad bit out of the woofer while the car tried to start while it wasn't working. It would never keep going it just died out after one bass hit or so, but the rest of the speakers worked. anybody know what the problem is?

2. Dr.JuliusHibbard

Dr.JuliusHibbard New Member

How do you have signal fed to the 1000/1? If the factory amp gets tuned off for some reason when you remove the sub that will kill the signal to the amp. Is the 1000/1 actually powering off, or is it on and just no sound? It sounds like a problem with the signal interface with the factory system.

3. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

I figured it out. I basically clipped a wire and needed to reconnect it.

4. Dr.JuliusHibbard

Dr.JuliusHibbard New Member

simple as that

5. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Reminds me of Cisco networking class where they talk about the Physical Layer (in the 7 layer network model, i.e. cables and connections) being the most common cause of network problems. Seems to hold true for more than computers.